All reviews north face room was large fourth floor shopping area hotel is located minute walk breakfast was included walking distance free wifi hanok village columbus driver taxi shower
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This hotel is located off the main street but guest can still see the hotel logo in the open area. I would like to thank Mr Lee Dong Kyoung who was very nice and friendly. It is because he kept his patient to explain my inquiry in English given that many local Koreans does usually speak not so fluently in English. Besides, the speed of Wifi was also not to be improved

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2017

For the price, you certainly can't go wrong with this hotel. There is complimentary tea, coffee and bottled water available in the lobby area. The breakfast was fine. Standard buffet style with a good selection of Western and Korean dishes. Rooms were large and had nice toiletries.

From here it is a 10 minute walk to the Hanok village area. The hotel is located in the middle of a bustling mall / shopping area, so bring ear plugs for street noise, as well as the thin walls in the hotel itself.

We were happy that there were a heap of outdoor gear shops within a block of our hotel. Great places to get travel clothes and outdoor stuff. The North Face, Arc'teryx, K2, Millet, Columbia, etc are all right there.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2017

This is a hotel that is located on the fourth floor and above. It is a little hidden but that makes it a little more quiet. The sheets on the bed were great and the television in the room was large to watch baseball! It is a little bit of a hike to the village but the walk was great!

Room Tip: Higher floors mean a quieter experience.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I chose to stay in the Gaeksa area of Jeonju rather than down in the hanok village and found the location of the Roni Tourist Hotel excellent. It was close to bus stops and an easy walk down to the hanok village. The check in staff were helpful and cheerful, and spoke good English. I didn't really interact with the staff after that so can't comment any further on the service.
The room was large and the furnishings were comfortable. My one complaint was that there seemed to be minimal to no soundproofing and I could clearly hear all my neighbours. Other than that it seemed to be OK value for money.
Note: I took a taxi to the hotel as it was raining, and my driver struggled to find the place at first despite having the address and my map. He called them and they gave directions and then we were fine, so maybe suggest that if you plan to take a taxi. Otherwise tell your driver it is close to the Megabox and that should help.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Hotel Roni, Wansan

The hotel was clean, and in a good location. Being a budget hotel, its facilities are more modest than one would expect in more upmarket accommodation.

Our room had a fridge which was was equipped with two bottles of chilled water, but only two mugs – no glasses to drink from. There was a kettle, but no tea or coffee provided. The shower was a wet-room rather than a fully-equipped ensuite shower room.

Breakfast was fairly modest. The restaurant opened promptly at 08:00, but at 08:20 staff were still putting out orange juice, and items such as coffee were running out. There was no butter either.

The air-conditioning did not appear to be functioning well in our room, although other guests who were with us did not appear to experience this problem. We had a very uncomfortable night, being unable to adjust the temperature, which remained at 28.4° C. We would normally have reported this problem, but we were on a tour with other visitors, and did not have time to move to a different room.

Probably the place is value for money, if one does not mind reduced facilities, but I think we would rather pay more for somewhere more comfortable.

Room Tip: Check that the air conditioning is working and that you find out how to operate it.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business