“Great find thanks to Trip Advisor”
Review of Gasthaus Zum Turm

Gasthaus Zum Turm
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Gengenbach
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Thanks to everyone on TripAdvisor for the reviews of this delightful bar/restaurant. It's excellent and highly recommended. I visited with my wife and 2 young children. The owner is friendly and provides good service. More important the food is delicious. I had the pork knuckle and it's as good as everyone says. After a few dodgy meals during our stay in Germany, this was definitely one of the highlights. I'd certainly come back if ever in the area again. Gengenbach is a lovely town.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

The place is a typical german tavern. The food is very good. They let me stay even without reservation. I recommend beer and pork knuckle.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

We happened in here, based off of TA reviews, and were glad we did! Three of us had tarte flambees- delicious. And my husband and son had the pork knuckle which was amazing. Such a cozy little restaurant with excellent food!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I visited the cafe on a Saturday evening during the World Cup match between Germany and Mexico in June 2018, while I was in Gengenbach. The waitress was very welcoming and found me a table right in front of the big TV, which I shared with another couple.

I was there for the next 2 hours and watched the match, while helping myself to their delicious meatballs, which came with salad and sides. It was freshly cooked, hot and tasted heavenly, not to mention sumptuous enough for one person.

The place was located at the heart of the Old Town, nicely set up and had outdoor seating as well. I would definitely recommend it to everyone visiting Gengenbach.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Situated in the mainstreet, its quite a small place, very traditionally decorated inside. Staff & service were good.
Good choice of local wines. Menu was limited, and whilst prices are reasonable the food was no more than average. More of a place for a drink than for food.

IMHO much better places in Gegenbach for food