“Yummy food, great service”

Restaurant Winzerstuble
Ranked #20 of 40 Restaurants in Gengenbach
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

We had dinner here one evening. The food was great, the wine was great and the staff were very attentive.
There's a nice little out door area too.

Date of visit: October 2014

Reviewed 30 August 2015

The restaurant is situated just off the main street and has a typical old fashioned German look. The seating was comfortable and the atmosphere good. The menu had plenty of typical Black Forest dishes and both it and the drinks menu were well priced. The food was good, well cooked and hot with service attentive.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Visited as part of a visit to the town or our way back to Strasbourg Airport - which was a lovely way to finish our holiday. The town is a truly beautiful walled town and has some very atmospheric streets and scenes. This means it's popular and prices in gift shops etc reflect this. The restaurant is situated off the main streets in a quiet square with a statue. English menus and an English speaking waitress made ordering easy. There's a choice of pizzas etc or local dishes. We had local - beef in horseradish, schnitzel, maultzen (ravioli) and boar stew. Delicious, good portion size and good value.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 14 September 2014

This little restaurant is set in a sunny courtyard, but fortunately enough on a scorching hot day, has some shady tables. We had lunch here, and had to try the local delicacy, chanterelle mushrooms, pfifferlinge (approximate spelling). This was as a side dish to our main courses. Everything was excellent, especially the mushrooms, and the local red wine, Spatburgunder.
All round quite an unexpected treat.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This was our third visit to Winzerstuble. Wisely I reserved a table upon our arrival to Gengenbach that morning. When we arrived for dinner at 2000 the restaurant had only one open table -- ours! The food is wonderful. My wife had maronensuppe (chestnut soup) and putensteak uberbacken (gratinated turkey steak with melted cheese); I had kartoffelsuppe (potato soup) and schwein fillet pfanne (grilled pork tenderloin with spaetzle). I also opted to skip the included salad and instead had a side order of bratkartofflen (fried potatoes) which were amazing. Everything was outstanding.

My only "complaint" was the Aperol spritz I had. Meh; I make better spritz myself. So I'll skip spritz in the future and drink local Schwarzwald bier instead.

Date of visit: December 2013