Hotel Rural Vado del Duraton
Hotel Puerta Sepulveda(Sepulveda)(Great Value!)
US$ 62
US$ 81
  • Breakfast included
US$ 90
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Really good little hotel with pleasant staff
The room was really nice overlooking the church tower
Well situated as it was only 5 minutes or so into the main square
The breakfast was superb served by a lovely lady who supplied Gluten Free bread and fussed around everybody to look after them

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
serenaSegovia, Gerente at Hotel Rural Vado del Duraton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Thanks so much

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I booked after, as you do, reading all the reviews.
We know Sepulveda well and have always used another hotel at the edge of town which is superb. I thought we'd have a change.
Oh how I wished I'd stuck to a tried and tested gem. I hate being so negative, but there really is nothing positive I can say and this is a very rare negative review as a result : ((
I could go on, but when your air con goes off at 3 in the morning on an extremely hot day/night in June, and reception tell you it's because you've got a window open when you haven't is not good.
The Bathroom had a hairdryer left at the side of the metal washbasin and not on the wall, the bathroom door was hung incorrectly so that the door scraped along the floor when you opened it. And you had to really push hard to get in.
We ended up actually having to open the bathroom window & door as well as the balcony doors. It was that hot. And thank God we had plenty of water. We were 'parched'.
Add that to no mattress protectors on the beds (!), a horror I discovered only at sunrise, which was approximately the time the room cooled down and I got up again to have a glug of water and straightened the bed out.
Breakfast looked good on first glance but oh no,
no tongs/serving sooons with the food at breakfast, no cereal bowls and dessert spoons available (according to the lady looking after the breakfast) to eat the cereal with etc etc. She actually suggested Hubby used a plate to eat cornflakes. She gave him a large cup with a tea spoon. I kid you not.
I saw guests picking up dried apricots, cakes, pastries etc with their hands. The only dry food that had tongs was the bread by the toaster.
The plate of melon thankfully had its own fork however, the 4 plates of cold meat & cheese had one fork between them
Now either we were very, very unlucky or something drastic has happened at this hotel recently.
We left very unhappy and vowing never, ever to return on our next trip.
If you do book, please, please request that you are not put in room 202.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina W
Reviewed 20 June 2016

I spent 3 nights at the hotel, arriving late in the evening on Friday. The hotel is quiet and peaceful and the room was very large. I was traveling with my dog (10 kilos), who was welcomed as well. Since I was traveling alone, I had difficulty finding a restaurant in which to sample the local specialty, roast suckling lamb, since it is prepared for a minimum of two (2) people. The restaurant at the hotel could not accommodate me, but the mayordomo found a restaurant close by that was willing to serve a solo traveler. The breakfast was included in the price of the room -- which was quite reasonable -- and there was something for everyone to eat there. (You access the breakfast room by using a tunnel under the street, which leads to the basement of the restaurant.) This was my first trip to Sepulveda, and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit. Close to the hotel is a 5 kilometer walk through the national park. (It is a loop.) There is ample free parking close by. All in all, I enjoyed myself thoroughly. It was a great way to escape the heat of Madrid. I don't hesitate to recommend the hotel, and I look forward to returning myself sometime.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
serenaSegovia, Gerente at Hotel Rural Vado del Duraton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Thanks a lot for your kindly words

Reviewed 23 May 2015

I have visited this hotel on 4 occasions now,all have been nice. The hotel is quiet,peaceful but of excellent quality. Good car-parking is available 1 minutes walk from the entrance. The bathrooms are good with an excellent shower. Breakfast is now served in a different room to my previous visits and was very well presented and with good variety. All in all an excellent stay,once again. Estrella, the lady at reception, speaks excellent English as was as welcoming as ever, nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank KevinGould
serenaSegovia, Director Comercial at Hotel Rural Vado del Duraton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2015

Thanks a lot for your survey

Reviewed 30 April 2015

The hotel was quiet and off-season. But the welcome was lovely, the rooms clean and well-equipped, there was lots of interior space, and everything was near at hand.
The car park is just up the street, and the rest of the most interesting town is a short walk away.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Warwick D
serenaSegovia, Director Comercial at Hotel Rural Vado del Duraton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2015

Thanks a lot for your survey