All reviews rack of lamb base for exploring loved this hotel two nights fantastic hotel stayed here for one night irish breakfast comfortable bed a great stay eddie west ireland pint mayo connemara proprietor
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I've stayed in a number of local b&bs in the area when on fishing trips. The experience has been mixed though generally good. However for about a tenner a night more I stayed in Fairhill house and would find it hard to go anywhere else now. Very comfortable, friendly, great breakfast and Eddie's bar serves really good food and nice fresh pints! As someone else mentioned their homemade brown bread is a highlight. Note breakfast service is not early in case you are on a business trip - it starts at 8:15am. This is not a criticism as it suited me fine, merely an observation. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I've been some time in Fairhill Hotel in the last 4 years.
It is a very nice and characteristic typical Irish Hotel. Very comfort room, clean, quite and silence.
Breakfast with a sufficient buffet and some speciality "a la carte" as the fabulous Fisherman's Breakfast, that I like too much.
Attached to the Hotel there is the Eddies Bar & Restaurant where you can eat typical Irish food served with a good pint of Guinness.
Price/quality rate: medium for the Hotel

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank lorenzo l
Eddies Bar C, General Manager at Fairhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for taking time to review the Fairhill House Hotel***. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. Our staff thrive to ensue all guests are made to feel welcomed and looked after during their visit with us. We pride ourselves on our large selection of fine whiskies and gin range. Looking forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

It's quite a long time since I last stayed in the Fairhill but I'm happy to say that it is as good as before if not better. Eddie, the host, ensures that everybody is well taken care of & seems to have the art of selecting staff who project & carry out his friendly & hands-on customer care. Even at breakfast time, Eddie is there to ensure everything is in order. The staff are very attentive, friendly & quietly efficient. When away from home, the Fairhill is where you want to stay, when near Clonbur. The accommodation is comfortable, clean & spacious & the food & service matches the high standards throughout. Whenever I'm in or near Clonbur, I will try to stay there & I would recommend it to anybody else.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank silverfox711

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as I had meetings locally. We got a very warm welcome on arrival. The room was lovely, spotlessly clean and a balcony was a bonus for my partner that is a smoker. We were hungry and had very little time before our first meeting and made our way to the bar where we got soup and some of the very best brown bread I've ever tasted.
Later we had dinner in the restaurant and it was delicious, service was friendly and pleasant.
It was very busy and there was music in the bar but I was tired after a long day and went to bed early. I could hear the music but not in any way too loud to sleep.
Breakfast was very nice and big portions.
I'd love to stay for another night but will have to come back for that !!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Eddies Bar C, General Manager at Fairhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for taking time to review Fairhill House Hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

I made a return visit to the Fairhill Hotel Clonbur after an absence of over a year. The old adage somethings never change is both appropriate and positive in this case. On checking in I was welcomed and shown to my room by Stephen who is evidently a “jack of all trades” as I later encountered him during my stay in the roles of Barman and Waiter. He’s an excellent front of house man professional, courteous and most importantly remembering me by name throughout my stay. I ate in the bar and as in my previous visit the menu is extensive and the service is prompt and attentive. Food was excellent and I opted for the locally sourced steak. Breakfast was the traditional fare and once again service was excellent and served with a smile by Edita the waitress. Constantly in the background was the ever attentive proprietor Eddie who mysteriously appeared and disappeared, enduring all was going well throughout my stay. It had been a while since my last stay but I plan to be back again soon.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Eddies Bar C, General Manager at Fairhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you for taking time to review Fairhill House Hotel***. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. Our staff thrive to ensue all guests are made to feel welcomed and looked after during their visit with us. Looking forward to seeing you again.