Free cancellation until 25/07
Agoda.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 January 2016

Amazing place from the moment you got on board, nice restaurant surrounded by sea, actually everywhere is surrounded by sea, such a nice room facing the endless sea and fishes moving under your room every day and night. Every morning the sunset and sea winds wake you up and every night sleep under the vast of stars. Even saw turtles quite some times. We order Snorkeling Package so everyday free snorkeling to a place near by. But I order some Discovery Scuba Diving two times, one on Mabul saw giant turtle and one to Sipadan which is breath-taking. And you can snorkel in the hotel which is great with so many corals, but I swam outside of the hotel (not recommended, who knows what currents are out there) which is amazing I saw a cliff 20m away and all the fishes are there. Best snorkeling experience ever.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with sea view with no view blocks, it's a little far (3 min walk more) but def worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Superboychao
Reviewed 13 January 2016

For underwater photographer diver lover, you must come to visit here once.
unlimit diving at the sipadan water village reef house. You will see the welcome giant turtle and such a diversity marine life there.

The accommodation is also really nice. At the surface interval time, you still enjoy sight-seeing which surrounded by shallow marine life activity. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Before my friend and I decided to go with Sipadan Water Village Resort, we did a number of research and read a lot of reviews about Sipadan Water Village Resort. Generally, we read a number of negative feedback on SWV, generally on the quality of food provided. But, we really like the layout of the resort and the price offered was very attractive, so we decided to give it a try.

I can tell you all... Go stay with SWV (Sipadan Water Village). We had such great time there. The staffs are so friendly that we have become friends, we even exchanged phone numbers to keep in touch. When we first arrived at Mabul Island, we were greeted by the staffs with great smile on their faces. They took every effort to make sure that we have wonderful time at home.

Let's talk about food, which a lot of people have been complaining about. Please kindly ignore those reviews posted before 2015. We were told that the management decided to change the chef for the restaurant and now the restaurant is managed under new chef. The result is unbelievable. Everyday, we were served with great and delicious food. I actually looked forward to hearing the ringing of the 'gong' everyday, which signals the restaurant is open and food is served.

Our trip mainly focused on diving. We engaged SWV Dive Center for our diving experience in Sipadan/Mabul/Kapalai. I feel very emotional writing this review because right now when I pen this review, I am missing those guys back in SWV Dive Center already. They are amazing people! Cheerful and helpful. Everyday, after dive, we would spend time sitting around the dive center to chit chat, to joke, to share experience and of course to gossip (a little bit) as well! That was so FREAKING fun!

I have no single negative feedback on SWV. The only small complain I have is...

The resort is too nice and the people there are just so amazing that I actually felt so sad when I had to leave SWV... :( (so get ready to be emotionally unstable after you spend your time with SWV! hahahaha...)

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Both sea-facing and island-facing rooms offer you different experience. Perhaps you may want to consider S110 to S122 rooms, which tend to be quieter... and generally closer to restaurant. 'M' rooms are closer to Dive Center, so tend to be slightly busier and a little bit noisier if there are loud-speaking diver around.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank Epchandavid
Reviewed 19 February 2015 via mobile

Stayed at SWV. Loved diving, friendliness of staff, food not so much. If you like shrimp they have it buffet style with almost every meal. Basically same type of food with every dinner. No other place to eat. No other restaurants where you can order.

Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed 1 January 2015

I had heard so much about diving at Sipadan and when the opportunity came up, I jumped at the chance. I had a colleague who had stayed her before and had nothing but great things to say. While the location and views are beautiful and the diving amazing, the resort itself is tired and in dire need of some upgrades. On the surface the bungalows look amazing. I walked in my room and was in awe of the spacious room and the views from the deck. Unfortunately the bathroom was not of the same calibre. There was mould in the shower stall, rusted fixtures, the door to the shower leaked all over the bathroom, poor lighting and every morning and evening a sandy (or something else) deposit on the sink and counter that was rather disturbing. The room was cleaned daily, but soap, shampoo, tea, was not replaced, although the water was topped up. The staff were very friendly, but service wasn't always the best. At meals, often there was no cutlery or plates to be found. You often had to fill your water yourself and the food itself was below standard. I realize they are attempting to make food they think westerners will enjoy, but if they stick to local food (which they know best) that would be much better. The best meal I had was when they ran out of food and we asked for more and they brought out a local stir fried dish. Considering the price you pay to stay at this resort, I think things could've been better. Next time, I'll look into some of the other resorts.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends