“ALERT- filthy hotel room full of bed bugs”

Nuovo Albergo Italia
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abbiategrasso
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I have never written a bad review of a hotel as I generally think people overcomplain too much. But this time I have to. This hotel is the worst hotel one can stay. It's old, ugly and disgusting. Worst night ever: I woke up at 2 am itching like hell on my shoulder and throat. I decided to get up to take a look in the mirror and discovered dozens of insect bites on my body (face, ears, arms). So I went back to my bed, and making the story long short, I discovered bed bugs all over my pillows, headboard, walls in the room. I killed about 30...I could fall back asleep, eventually did though, but leaving the light on hoping to scare any others left. Seriously, bed bugs, I have never experienced this in my life and I travel a lot all over Europe and in the US. Stay away from this place....oh and I showed the picture of my face bites to the hotel owner at checkout, and guess what, he made me pay my room anyhow...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank chaujuli
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

This hotel is where we first stayed when we came to Abbiategrasso. We ended up checking out early because after 2 nights, we couldn't just couldn't bare another minute there. The room was so dusty that it felt like we were sleeping in an attic that hadn't been cleaned in 20 years. So many things were terrible there, that I can't even begin to list them all...

I have since been told that there is a really great B&B near San Pietro. If we had only known that at the time. I will probably give that one a try if we have guests coming to visit and need a place for them to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mara71
Reviewed 10 September 2011

The good ole 1960s. If you are nostalgic of the ambiance, the ineffective air conditioning system, the old radio appliance, old carpets, vintage furnitures, etc. this hotel is for you. I don't agree with the former comments, the breakfast is less than average for the category. But, having said that, I keep a good memory of the place; mostly because of the good locatiojn of the hotel and the surprisingly active nightlife around (you will not notice if you stay at the hotel).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Frencquez
Reviewed 13 May 2011

My friend and I travelled here with a great deal from Easyjet, we were pleased with the hotel, nice and clean, clean towels everyday and beds made each day aswell, friendly staff. Breakfast quite basic but good, and a few nice bars and eateries close by. BEWARE - we got the metro to Abbiategrasso - but the station called Abbiategrasso is not the town ! You need to get the Metro to Porto Geneva then the train to Abbiategrasso ! Train station is right across the road from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank cruisebabe3
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Okay, this is the ONLY hotel in town. I rated this excellent only for the good reasons I've listed. Here's the Good and the Bad: First The GOOD: if you can stand being in the hot, humid common room, their free breakfast is very good. Fresh, hot brioche, espresso or cappuccino, juice, butter, jam, bread, salami/ham/cheese, etc.. Most mornings I went to the cafe right outside (Bar Castello - cafe, enoteca (wine bar)) and paid for breakfast in the fresh air. The people that run the hotel are very nice and helpful. Massimo usually is in the common room fixing your cafe' or baking the brioche and he's very nice. The twin beds in our rooms were low to the ground, but comfortable - we slept well. The bathrooms are serviceable and the towels are large and thick. There are nice ladies who clean your room/make your bed each morning (couldn't tell when/if linen was changed but think it was). The location is fabulous. You are in the center of town, cafe's, banks, restaurants (Ristorante Ca Stello is right outside - I recommend their pizza, pasta and especially the fresh fish - I love the mixed fried fish platter - it's awesome!) pastry, bread, deli's, gelateria's, toy/clothing/linen/jewelry stores, churches, etc.. at a short walk. It is not very expensive either to stay here. The BAD: there is no air conditioning other than opening your 1 little window in the bathroom and the 1 big window in the bedroom. There are no screens on the windows, so expect creepy crawlies in the night - not many, but for me one was enough. The furniture is 70's era - cheap, stained, ugly and uncomfortable. You get one crummy desk and one plastic chair in the room. The 70's era upholstered chair is very low, uncomfortable and stained. Their website lied about the wi-fi in the common room, they have one old, unreliable computer stuck in a very small closet with a chair that is no desk chair. The internet in this very small town is slow as expected. Even though I am a confirmed a/c queen, I would stay there again. I bought my own bottled water to leave in the room fridge - I bought a 6 pack for the price of one of their bottled waters. They have an unpolished gem if only they would upgrade to a/c, paint and replace all the furnishings. They could make a lot more money if they would.

• Stayed: September 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbiategrasso
5.3 km away
Motel Ranch
#1 of 1 in Gaggiano
12.3 km away
Best Western Hotel Goldenmile Milan
Best Western Hotel Goldenmile Mi...
#1 of 6 in Trezzano sul Naviglio
11.6 km away
Nuovo Hotel Vigevano
Nuovo Hotel Vigevano
#2 of 3 in Vigevano

Been to Nuovo Albergo Italia? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK