“worth the effort to find”

Indiana Kenanga Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 213 Restaurants in Nusa Lembongan
Price range: ₹835 - ₹2,504
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The french chef Clement Fouquere, will be happy to share his passion for fine cuisine, with over 15 years of experience in the most famous 3 stars Michelin restaurant(Alain Ducasse in Monaco, The Bristol in Paris.....)The restaurant is just in front the sea and you can see wonderful sunset!!!
Reviewed 15 July 2016

We wanted to try their crepes but the location by the internal pool did not appeal - so we went to the main restaurant on the beach - the beach can get overun by day-trippers from the main island for the water pontoon, but they provide a funny spectacle, but does not distract from the food which is served in a very relaxed way - the best tomato and mozzarella salad outside of Italy - a real work of art and lovingly /expertly presented - good value for the french cuisine .

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Here is a quiz question - when is an espresso martini not an espresso martini?
My answer is when it comes with a chocolate truffle instead of coffee beans.
But I am not qualified because I don't drink them. It was my younger son's order and when it arrived, I was bemused by the absence of the traditional 3 coffee beans. But he said it was delicious anyway.
Being of an enquiring mind I asked my older son (who claims the title of world's best espresso martini maker) if chocolate instead of coffee beans is acceptable.
He said "Of course that's acceptable and in fact I recommend a scraping of dark chocolate over the coffee beans".
His wife had the last word "There is no such thing as an unacceptable martini".
So there you go - problem solved.
PS the food which followed the martini was stunning as always - I had crab followed by pigeon. Who said Lembongan is uncivilised?

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 8 July 2016

We certainly didn't expect this...I had the pigeon, my wife had the scallops. Delish! As with most Indo restaurants the prices were great for such fine food. Drinks will really bump the price of your bill up. It is definitely great value for the quality and excellent service. We never miss going there when we are in Lembongan.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 7 July 2016

We were not expecting to get the quality of food that we did at Indiana. It was a really nice better than most french restaurants anywhere in the world.
It was expensive for Nusa Lembongan standards but it was cheap for that quality of meal. It's a great place for a break from Indonesian food.
Excellent and I would recommend it to anyone,

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I went to Indiana Kenanga to celebrate my IE (diving instructor certification) and i have to say that i was not at all disappointed with the food and the wine! We started our evening by ordering cocktails, i had an Espresso Martini which was great. For starter we had one of the most amazing dish that i had tasted in my life THE PORK BELLY, it is crazy how the pork melts in your mouth. For main, we had L'AGNEAU also very good and for desert my friend had the ALL ABOUT CHOCOLATE and myself the CHOUX MUST GO ON. I was truly surprised to see that the choux were as great as what i got at home (in France).
We had a bottle of Red wine from Chile, i cannot recall the name but also great.
The restaurant is on the beach so it is really idyllic.
However considering the quality of food, i believe that the service could be improved, my friend and I were the last and the staff at the end was being pretty rude as they wanted to close. We know that restaurants close early in Lembongan but it was only around 10.30...Also, i personally think it is a shame to see people coming to dine in such a great place wearing bikinis or without any t-shirts for men... Not asking to be wearing a tuxedo but still.
Overall, i will remember this restaurant as being the best in terms of food not only in Lembongan but also in Bali!

Date of visit: May 2016