New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“pro staff, nice dives safe conditons and most of all super friendly.. we see mola hehe” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bali Diving Academy Lembongan

Bali Diving Academy Lembongan
Ranked #8 of 32 Tours in Nusa Lembongan
More attraction details
Owner description: Bali Diving Academy Lembongan. Diving Courses and Fun Dives for everyone. Since 1991. Part of Bali Diving Academy group- Day trips, overnight and Best of Bali Dive Safari Packages. With 4 Dedicated Diving Academies and Partner properties in Lembongan, Tulamben, Pemuteran and Gili Trawangan, providing professional diving services supported by unmatched human resources and infrastructure on site at all Bali's top dive locations.
6 attraction reviews
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

just hit Lembogan for a couple days and special dives, i was direct by a friend to BDA... great advise he gave me!!
after a short but pro meeting, wish is not often in tourist area.. checking my card and certification.. doesn t metter i am an instructor.. they checked and explained me the local rules, safety and club ones!! at it supposed to be done everywhere>
lets go for few fun, actives and amazing dives in friendly..sporty.. conditions
only few words i ll get back there and sure dive with this cool team again very soon!!
Mike
kinetic studio

Visited June 2011
BaliDivingAcademy, Owner at Bali Diving Academy Lembongan, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for your nice comment!

Looks like you live in Bali, keep in touch with us as we just started the Resident Card, which will give you benefits with Bali Diving Academy and various other partners on the island!

Happy Diving

Bali Diving Academy Team
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Indonesian first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing dives, staff pro and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

We went to Bali Diving Academy to dive around Nusa Lembongan (coming from Singapore for the week-end). The 2 dives were perfect, we saw a lot of corals, colourful fishes, mantas, sea turtles and sharks, all this in one afternoon!
Great staff, very pro, safety conditions are very good, this academy was recommended to me by 2 friends master divers and we saw why.
Some of the staff are French so very convenient for French-speaking people and evrybody was very friendly, the organization with the lunch on the beach between the 2 dives was perfect also.
It is a great place to go to, for a first dive, to get the PADI or for confirmed divers because there are several spots for every level.

Thanks again to the Bali Diving Academy team !!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank AsiaCat_51
Hi Asia Cat,

Thank you very much for your great time with us, hope to see you soon again as you are so close!

Keep in touch and Happy Diving!

Rottweil, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FAIR & BEAUTIFUL TIME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

The small diving base is clean and looked after very good. The employees are very friendly, helpful, they have time for a joke, but are also serious in diving. They look after the guests’s personal equipment very good and take care.
The diving sides are close. Current can be strong, but there are also a lot of diving sides with less current. A lot of macro and great fields of corals. Our highlight was snorkelling and diving over 1 hour with a school of mantas. What a great experience! We’ll come again. Thank you all very much!!
Marianne from Germany and Sandra from Swiss

Visited March 2011
BaliDivingAcademy, Manager at Bali Diving Academy Lembongan, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Hi Marianne,

Thank you very much for being diving with us! Yes, plenty of mantas and now there are several molas out of season!

Keep diving!

Perth, Australia
“memorable first dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Laurent & Jahn assisted my wife & I on our first scuba experience at Lembongan last Friday - thank you John at World Diving (who couldn't accomodate our timing) for the referral

We were expecting some fun & adventure but realised very quickly once the theory started that this is a sport that needs to be taken very seriously

Being underwater at depths never experienced before with a mask full of water and no mouthpeace set our nerves nerves on edge as we headed out on the short ride to the diving area wondering what we had got ourselves into

Our two children aged 8 and 10 were also catered for on the dive boat with a life jacket, snorkelling gear and a carer so no distractions from that front as we fell backwards into the warm tropical waters

Despite her initial fears my wife Laureen went through the emergency drills with Jahn without a hitch.

Not so for me - all sense of logic went out the window as I descended the first few metres on the rope holding my breath, before a minor panic attack forced me to come to terms with the very functional mouthpiece & access to air. Once accustomed to this I had to do the water in mask drill and despite all the hand signals (in French) decided that the only place to understand would be above water

Second time round no problem, what had the fuss been all about? Claustrophia & disorientaion - no not me!

Then we descended to the ocean floor and the once we got moving realised what what we had come for - a whole new and wonderful experience!

The first outcrop of coral revealed shoals of miniscule but brightly coloured fish hiding in the coral & a school of pencil fish standing on end ,and it just got better from there .....

Clear visibility, fantastic colours, coral reef and thousands of different species of fish which i will never know the names of ....

We were under water for 50+ minutes all the time expertly handled by Jahn - always there guiding, adjusting equipment or pointing out interesting things- never in my line of sight i had to keep looking around to make sure he was there, the dependency on him ernormous, fear of emergency always in the back of my mind

Towards the end of the dive I turned to find he had let me go on my own but I returned to his proximity very quickly when I realised Laureen had lost a flipper and we needed to surface

Thank you Laurent, thank you Jahn, for your very professional training & guidance. A fantastic and truely memorable first scuba experience

Jahn assures us we were very relaxed for first timers?

I'm already planning my next trip to Lembongn to complete the course

Steve Floyd

Visited May 2011
Dear Steve and Family,

Thank you so much for the beautiful and detailed report. While I was reading it, it was almost like being there with you!

Yes, diving is fun, but has to be done in safety and comfort. That's the only way to enjoy it and get in touch with the underwater world.

Thanks one more time to the four of you, looking forward to see you again!

Bali, Indonesia
“A place to relax and enjoy the beauty...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Had a wonderful time here... Mantas were amazing... wished we could have stayed longer. Many exciting dive sites to explore, friendly people, nice boat/gear, professional and fun! A good place for new divers, and experienced ones alike. Also a primo spot if you like to surf!

Visited May 2011
Hi Coastalc,

Thanks for having time with us, and nice picture!

Hope to see you again in Lembongan or one of the other centers!

Cheers