“Would stay again without hesitation”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Valleyview
Yellowknife
“Would stay again without hesitation”
Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

This is the first time staying in Valleyview. We arrived around 8pm in a snow/sleet storm and were given a room with no reservation. The room was on the third floor and did not hear anybody above us which was great with me being a light sleeper. We were in the back of the hotel facing a field and did not notice the truck parking lot below us. The trucks lot do not appear to affect the serenity of the Inn. The continental breakfast is good, the only hot food available is from the waffle machine or the toaster. There is plenty of fruit, jogurt and cerial. A Tim Hortons is attached to the Inn, we did not use on this trip. A large Shell station is next to the Inn with a generous sized conveinience store. There is no bar/lounge but a liquor store is attached to the Shell station. A good sized parking lot is in front of the Inn. We will stay here again when in the area.

Stayed March 2012
ParadiseInnVV, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you so much for your positive review! we can't wait to see you again.

Paradise Inn & Suites Valleyview
1-877-552-2338
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past two years. I had never had a problem with the hotel until recently. In December, two hours after checking out, I realized that I had forgot my laptop charger in the room. Immedietly I called the hotel to tell them, Krista then went to the room and found my property. I was going to leave it there until I pass through town again, but Krista offered to put it on the greyhound which I thought was very nice of her. After about a week passed, Greyhound did not have it so I called the hotel back only to be told they had it now its GONE? Krista could no longer help, besides saying "sorry I don't know what happened" so I finally got the manager on the phone "Mike". Mike first said that it was hotel policy blah blah, lost or stolen items blah blah. Then after I explained that it was clearly "lost or stolen" by his staff, he agreed to find one for me. Another two weeks passed so I called him back. His reply was: "I looked online and YOU can buy one for like twenty bucks" which is BS. Very dissapointed with this hotel, which is too bad because it is the nicest in Valleyview. I'll stay somewhere else from now on and I think as long as Krista is behind the counter and Mike is running the show, I won't be the only one.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Ryan H
ParadiseInnVV, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Ryan H,

We here at the Paradise Inn & Suites take your concern very seriously. As every guest that stays at our property must sign our registration card there are some terms at the bottom that everyone should read and be aware of and terms that you signed and initialed. When a guest leaves something at our hotel it is not our responsibility to replace it with a a new one. We make the most serious of efforts to get your property back to you. This particular charger that you lost was for a gateway computer I believe and you insisted that it costs over $140 which the hotel was not prepared to pay for as you had initialed our terms and agreed that you had left it in the hotel. After threatening us with legal action if we don't return your $140 dollar charger which you lost I tried to come to a compromise with you regarding off brand chargers and you still were not satisfied. We did not steal or take you charger this i can assure you. I also tried to compromise with you as far as a complimentary stay in the future that could maybe offset the cost of a new charger to which you refused.

I do take pride in the fact that you agree with us that the Paradise Inn & Suites Valleyview is the best place to stay in town and I believe that my management process has something to do with that statement. Ryan H, we look forward to having you stay at our great property once again and hopefully you give us another chance. We have returned many lost items at this hotel to many thankful guests and i apologize that this was not the case for you.

Valleyview, Alberta
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed 6 October 2011

While on a business trip I spent 2 nights at this unexpected gem! The room was very clean and the king bed was very comfortable. The linens were crisp and the duvet was very luxurious. There were 2 wall mounted large tv's with a small kitchenette. The bathroom had Aveda products and the towels were the thick plush kind that were very absorbant.
I found the front desk staff to be very friendly and efficient. The complimentary continental breakfast was well-done. I had not expected to find such fine accommodations in Valleyview Alberta.

Room Tip: My room was on the farm land side of the hotel and was super quiet - I slept with my window open and...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CCI8668
ParadiseInnVV, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Thank you so much for your generous review. It was a pleasure to have had you here at the Paradise Inn & Suites Valleyview. We look forward to having you back and making your next visit an even more enjoyable one. Thank you.

Valleyview, Alberta
Alberta
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Not being a part of Pomeroy Inn and Suites hasn't changed a lot here. The rooms are still clean, and the staff is friendly. It has generally been quiet when we have stayed there, and it there was noise the staff is quick to address it when it was brought to their attention.

The one item that I have noticed a change in, is the items that are stocked in the kitchenette units. The spoons and glasses are slowing disappearing, and so far they have not been replaced. Remember if you are using the kitchen items, that they will only be as clean as the last person left them, and since there are not plastic scrubbers (just a dish cloth and towel) that you may find the frying plans not well cleaned. Tough to clean them off with just a cloth. Don't turn on any burners without checking the pans under them, they might be full of crumbs. The stove, microwave and fridge are in good condition and work correctly.

All that said, this is still the best place to stay in Valleyview. The rooms are a good size, and the bedding is comfortable.

You can reach the Tim Hortons from inside the hotel, although as it can be a busy spot, you might be lined up to the outside door. There is a large Shell station next door that has a large convenience store in it, and has some fast food available. There is also a liquor store in the same building as the Shell station.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for you positive review of our property. Your review is one that we will be using as an example to better ourselves when it come to our kitchenettes. I apologize for the crumbs that were left behind in your room and we will strive for a crumb free experience during you next stay here. Again, thank you for your review and all the best.

Paradise Inn & Suites Valleyveiw
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Great service, modern decor, very clean rooms, great pool, continental breakfast was a nice touch. As far as our family is concerned this hotel is the only option in Valley View.

• Stayed September 2011