“Stunning choice.”

Radisson RED Brussels
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This might be one of the smartest hotels we have ever stayed at. Radisson Red Brussels was designed for new generations. The way it works, the lobby, restaurant and co-working spaces say it all. Room 425 was big, high level comfortable. Bathroom and amenities of excellent quality. Simple and fair breakfast. Young, smart staff. Everything is Comics-themed and this art/design take suits the hotel very well. A wow!

Room Tip: Room 425 and similars are at the corner of the building and might be bigger than the others.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeis0n
Sophie B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson RED Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Hi there,

Wow, many thanks for this amazing 5-star review! You put a smile on our face for the rest of the day :)

It’s a real pleasure to read that everything was perfect! Glad you liked our design Hi All, we want it to be a convivial and friendly space to chill and meet people.

We’re happy to know you enjoyed your spacious and comfy Studio Room.

Can’t wait to wow you again,

The Radisson RED Brussels Team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The hotel has excellent transport links and the staff are very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast times are very good (07:30-11:30) and has an OK variety of food to choose from. The rooms are very nice and clean. Overall, the hotel is very modern (it has USB charging ports either side of the bed so no need for adapters), it is clean and in a great location. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Bus stop to Grand-Place and Brussels-Luxembourg station 1 minute away
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sophie B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson RED Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi there,

Wow, what a great 5-star review! This delights our day :) So glad to hear you had a great time with us.

It’s good to know you found everything you were looking for at breakfast! We know it’s important not to worry about the breakfast closure, happy you could sleep as long as you needed!

You’re right, we try to be connected! Have you tried our RED App?

Till we meet again,

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I stayed here a few weeks ago. The hotel wants to cater to a young audience and to also be a hang out for youngsters. I did not feel welcome here at all. There was never a hello from the people at the reception when we walked by. I found this very unprofessional. It was very noisy in the lobby most evenings, and this was very unpleasant. I was further disappointed with 3 things: one, the pet policy. We came with our small dog who despite the pet-friendly image they want to convey was clearly unwanted there. We weren't given the pet bed or dog bowls until the 3rd day of our stay when a housekeeper wanted to take a photo of our dog for the corporate website to show how pet-friendly the hotel was. I then told her that I didn't think they were pet-friendly given the lack of the pet bed and other facilities for our dog. We did finally get the pet things however but at the end of our stay, the hotel wanted to charge us for a full week of pet services - I thought that this was very unfair and had to have a lengthy discussion with then while my transfer to the airport waited. They finally agreed to drop the costs, but the whole issue was very upsetting. Second thing, the first night, I had dinner in the hotel restaurant, the OUI Bar and Kitchen. I had their signature hamburger and got very sick during the night. I was not impressed. Third thing, the hotel has a strong incense7essential oils smell in the lobby which is frankly unpleasant. After a week of smelling this strong odour, we were both nauseated whenever in the lobby, it was truly disgusting. All in all, I would say an ok stay. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are well designed and if you are young and hip you might love it here. I, personally would not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank InfiniteTravellers
KamilaEvaO, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson RED Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hi Infinite Travellers,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

We're very sorry this was your experience.
What you describe is definitely not how things should be and we'll do our best so it doesn't happen twice.

Of course, we're human - it's possible that we make mistakes from time to time, but we're not fans of failure. This is why we take your comment very seriously and would like you to know that we're always aiming to fulfill our guests' expectations so they can truly make the most of their stay.

Please note that in case something is missing in your room - a word to our colleagues at the reception will enable us to resolve the issue right away - as the housekeeper did once he was aware of the situation.
If you're looking for details about our pet policy, there's a clear presentation on our website. The daily fee does not only include the amenities but also the extra cleaning required when hosting our four-legged friends. For sure, anything can be sorted out when everyone has the right information at their disposal.

Finally, thank you for taking the time to highlight what you liked about Radisson RED Brussels. Maybe one day we'll get the opportunity to turn your mixed feelings into a smile? We're ready to take on this challenge ;-)

Wish you all the best,
Kamila Ostrowska on behalf of the Radisson RED Brussels team

PS: Please drop me an email at kamila.ostrowska@radissonred.com, I'll be happy to hear from you and make it up for your last stay.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We loved our stay at Radisson Red, Brussels. The staff are all friendly and helpful and the room is clean, brightly decorated and features all you need (one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept on!) including USB socket for phone charging by bed, hairdryer, iron, fridge and ability to connect phone/laptop/tablet to TV via airplay.
There is no kettle in the room, but they offer a €3 a day refillable tea/coffee so that didn't matter at all!
It is a 45min or so walk into the centre (Grand Place), however there are good transport links and the area it is in has many restaurants (although in August a lot of them shut for holidays!) and a lovely park. It is only a 5 min walk from the brilliant Science Museum too and right next to the parliament.
I am vegan and there are options on the bar menu - I had a lovely quinoa and curried sweet potato salad and vegetable ramen.
It has a very friendly vibe and the bar/restaurant is lovely to sit in to read/chat at all times of the day. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Sophie B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson RED Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hi Charlotte,

Wow, thank you so much for this amazing feedback! You put a smile on our face for the whole day :)
Glad you liked your Studio and found everything you needed in it.

You’re right about the location, we’re lucky to be as close to the Place Luxembourg full of bars and restaurants. The main touristic attraction is quickly accessible as well with all the transportation right next to the hotel. Good to know you could make the most of your stay in our wonderful city!

Jérôme, our chef, thanks you for the kind words about his vegan specialties!

See you at the OUIBar + KTCHN for a little chat,

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

It's not often I write a review midway through a stay but I really felt I had to this time.

Pros - good looking hotel close to transportation links

Cons - there are a few:

There's zero information on entry - you have to assume or guess or ask and reception isn't always helpful

1. so we didn't know water bottles were only supplied on Day 1 and not again the duration of the stay. When I queried it the reception said rather helpfully "Now you know for tomorrow and feel free to buy if you need some" - not the most helpful at 9/10pm

2. I didn't know that the towels were only supplied and replaced if you put them on the floor - I've stayed in many many hotels but generally being tidy place them on the side. The reception was uber rude when I queried it (at circa 9/10pm) because we had no fresh towels and the towels left were in disarray

She replied (repeatedly!) "Well it's the same the world over and if you stay at hotels you would know that". I've stayed in much much better hotels than this and never been spoken to in such a patronising manner.

3. Day 3 I've come back and none of the glasses have even been removed or replaced (despite being used). I guess another call is required.

This is not a great hotel - it's pretty poor and isn't even very central.

Having said that it's modern and has an amazing shower and great tv.

Would I stay here again? NO

Is it representative of the Radisson brand? NO

It felt more like a self catering or a hostel

Would I recommend it? No - unless you are happy figuring things out as you go

Radisson trying something different and interpreting fresh and funky instead as rude unhelpful and pretty poor in terms of service and facilities.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hotmirchi
KamilaEvaO, Responsable relations clients at Radisson RED Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Hi Hotmirchi,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

We hear you well and we're sorry this was your experience, naturally it shouldn't be this way. Because we're aiming to be as environment friendly as possible our rooms are paperless, so our team is always glad to provide more detailed information.

But we understand that you weren't satisfied by our team's answers and that we should have found solutions right away. Not being big fans of failure and naturally this issue will be discussed to make sure such mishaps don't happen ever again.

Regarding the towels, we get your point and will find the best way to inform our guests. As for the glasses, we've also dropped a note to make sure it was the last time.

Really we're sad to hear that you're not happy and we'd be very glad to show you how different it can be.

It would be fantastic if you could drop me an email at kamila.ostrowska@radissonred.com and hopefully we'll be able to make up for your last stay.

Kind Regards,
Kamila Ostrowska

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
2.1 km away
1.6 km away
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place
1.5 km away
Hilton Brussels Grand Place

Been to Radisson RED Brussels? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK