“Right place if it is the right occasion.”

Thon Residence Parnasse
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Look- a fantastic apartment; kitchen, living room, double bedroom, en suite bathroom. Nicely positioned on the EU Insitution side of Brussels. Very helpful Reception. So no complaints, other than exclamation mark why my workplace put me there. I felt guilty about not being able make use of the space, and utilities. This was for a family, someone staying on an extended visit, not for one individual on an overnight visit. Clean, quiet, efficient. No Breakfast provided, but there are plenty of places nearby to scoff your face !

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Everything looks great in the photos but the title of this review is accurate.

Arrived and checked-in and opened the door to my apartment and my breath was immediately taken away by the stink. It honestly smelled like the toilet hadn't been flushed for a couple of days. I flushed the toilets, opened the windows and sat it out for ten minutes but it didn't go away. Called reception, explained the problem and they found me another room. Apparently the smell was news to them.

Moved to a new room in a different building and this one has a completely different smell. This one smells like incense has been continuously burned in here for 10 years. My eyes are watering. seriously. I'm not taking by suit out of my suitcase until I absolutely need it in the morning in case it gets contaminated with the smell.

Location is good but do yourself a favour and avoid this place. It is unlikely that I will sleep.

Those other reviews saying this place is great look like absolute BS to me. Trust the ones that talk about the smell and don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't stink
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Do I need to say 'wow!' again? Because, I'm delighted! The 5 of us were traveling together and we took a 2-room appartment. It was great, modern new furniture, clean and quiet! The heating works great in the winter time. We do not watched TV, so I don't know much about it. Wifi is great, free of charge and all of us used it on our own devices. The appartment had 2 separate bedrooms, living room and a kitchen (which we didn't use), plus a toilete and a bathroom. Parking was also ok, entry and exit with hotel card only. The staff is friendly. I had a nice little chat with the lady working in the reception. She was very interested about where are we comming from and offered some advices on what to see in Brussels. I would return again!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2016

It's the place I usually stay when I have to go to Brussels, so that I have become a well known customer. It is comfortable, they uually try to give me a flat looking to the courtyard which is much quieter than those looking on the street. Very well located in terms of EU institutions (5 minutes walk fro the EU Parliament).

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

This is a block of apartments which I think are rented out for short or medium term stays.
The check in staff and concierge were very efficient and professional.
The apartment was nice but the shower was tricky - it didn't face the right way and made water spill all over the floor which never dried.
At night it got quite noisy, mainly due to local kids who wanted to play football in the courtyard. 2/3 of the nights we stayed I was kept up past midnight because of this. I complained and the concierge dealt with this straight away.
It's quite well located - right next to the European Parliament and about a 20 min walk from the town centre.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Renaissance Brussels Hotel
2 km away
Hotel Metropole
Hotel Metropole
#71 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Thon Residence Parnasse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK