All reviewsliving roompast midnighteu buildingseuropean parliamentone nightlonger stayinternet connectionbusiness tripcentral locationapartmentluxembourgtvdishwasherbrusselsfurnitureconciergesofa
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Everything looks great in the photos but the title of this review is accurate.

Arrived and checked-in and opened the door to my apartment and my breath was immediately taken away by the stink. It honestly smelled like the toilet hadn't been flushed for a couple of days. I flushed the toilets, opened the windows and sat it out for ten minutes but it didn't go away. Called reception, explained the problem and they found me another room. Apparently the smell was news to them.

Moved to a new room in a different building and this one has a completely different smell. This one smells like incense has been continuously burned in here for 10 years. My eyes are watering. seriously. I'm not taking by suit out of my suitcase until I absolutely need it in the morning in case it gets contaminated with the smell.

Location is good but do yourself a favour and avoid this place. It is unlikely that I will sleep.

Those other reviews saying this place is great look like absolute BS to me. Trust the ones that talk about the smell and don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't stink
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Do I need to say 'wow!' again? Because, I'm delighted! The 5 of us were traveling together and we took a 2-room appartment. It was great, modern new furniture, clean and quiet! The heating works great in the winter time. We do not watched TV, so I don't know much about it. Wifi is great, free of charge and all of us used it on our own devices. The appartment had 2 separate bedrooms, living room and a kitchen (which we didn't use), plus a toilete and a bathroom. Parking was also ok, entry and exit with hotel card only. The staff is friendly. I had a nice little chat with the lady working in the reception. She was very interested about where are we comming from and offered some advices on what to see in Brussels. I would return again!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2016

It's the place I usually stay when I have to go to Brussels, so that I have become a well known customer. It is comfortable, they uually try to give me a flat looking to the courtyard which is much quieter than those looking on the street. Very well located in terms of EU institutions (5 minutes walk fro the EU Parliament).

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

This is a block of apartments which I think are rented out for short or medium term stays.
The check in staff and concierge were very efficient and professional.
The apartment was nice but the shower was tricky - it didn't face the right way and made water spill all over the floor which never dried.
At night it got quite noisy, mainly due to local kids who wanted to play football in the courtyard. 2/3 of the nights we stayed I was kept up past midnight because of this. I complained and the concierge dealt with this straight away.
It's quite well located - right next to the European Parliament and about a 20 min walk from the town centre.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Overall, was a relatively pleasant stay. The location was excellent - right next to the European Parliament and within walking distance to the Luxembourg Square with plenty of nice cafes and restaurants. Brussels Park, Parc Leopold and Parc du Cinquantenaire were all within easy jogging distance and so running within these lovely parks was easily done any day of the week.

Apartments were relatively comfortable, clean and kitchen was modern. The gym right within the apartment area is first class and for that reason alone, I would be prepared to return to the apartments.

On the downside, the service from the staff is extremely inconsistent. The manager who I emailed with the most, Pedro, was very helpful and always responsive. He's excellent. The two Filipino female counter staff were however totally condescending to me, my family and my friends. I think it's because I'm also Asian that they felt they could behave in that manner, I'm not sure. They were impatient and interrupted me constantly. They both have zero perception of what customer service entails and so perhaps they might be in the wrong profession. It is not uncommon for guests to forget the myriad of instructions issued upon check in and so when guests contact the counter staff to clarify, we should not be met with impatience and incredulity that we had forgotten.

Other comments - being new to Europe service accommodation, there were many things that I had to discover for myself. For example, bin liners, shower gel, shampoo and and toilet paper are not replenished automatically. I'm fine with supplying these myself but as a guest, all I ask is that the residence communicates that to the guests upfront so that we can be prepared and not be taken by surprised. If the residence's view is that they are not a hotel and so do not provide these supplies, then I would highly encourage you to change the name of your organization and no longer describe your organization as "Thon Hotels".

As mentioned, I am happy to return to this residence if I'm ever back in Brussels because of the location, cleanliness and the gym. Service quality and communication with the guests need looking into.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business