All reviews de la gare filet perch lake geneva railway line view of the lake yogurt boiled eggs cold meats owners and staff short stay warm welcome stayed longer philippe auberge noise rabbits
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I have been driving past this restaurant for about 7 years and we always talk about going but for some odd reason we never did go in. Last week I was invited to a business dinner at Auberge de la Gare and what a great surprise. Great location with brilliant Terrance with views over lake Geneva across to the Alps on the French side of the lake. The mixed salad starter was excellent - this coming from a guy who is not a salad guy! I had fillet de perche for the main and it too was excellent. Very good wine selection with some “super Tuscans” not overly priced considering their quality.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2018

This is the real place where the tourists looking for the very kind,charming, cute and sooooo tasteful B&B!!
I only stayed 1 night, even a short stay, I really experienced the wonderful amazing stay here. I definitely will come back again and recommend here!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

this hotel is right next to the railway station and thus at just 2 or 3 stops from Lausanne. actually I first knew the restaurant for which you have to reserve well in advance for its excellent cuisine by the chef and owner himself. I shall definitely come back and can only recommend this family-owned hotel. plenty of details and full personal attention!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SuizoL
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Loved our stay here. It was convenient to have a car to easily get out to the smaller towns and offers free parking, and it’s right next to the train station if you want to get into Lausanne (about a 10 minute ride on the train to the main station). It’s located in a really cute residential area with beautiful vineyards cascading down the hill side (there is a tasting room that the owners can direct you to). The rooms are nice, reasonably sized and decorated in a cute country motif (and a larger comfy bed with two twins pushed together). The rate comes with breakfast each morning and they also have an award-winning restaurant for dinner that’s open Tues – Sat. The owners are very involved in every aspect of the place – and you can tell their passion for it in their friendliness, service and quality that they deliver (I don’t know if Philippe actually sleeps, as he’s the head chef for the wonderful dinner service that goes until 10 p.m. and is then out setting up for breakfast around 6:30 a.m.). And check out the winery across the street! The convenience to the train means you will hear the noise, but we found that once we closed the windows, it didn’t disrupt our sleep (we were there in September, so it was cool enough to be able to close them). We would definitely stay here again, if we’re in the area.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Becky C
Reviewed 2 April 2017

We have been going to the Cully Jazz Festival and staying at the Auberge de la Gare for several years now. The auberge is very well positioned and has a stunning view. The rooms are very comfortable and furnished with antiques and Raymonde's inimitable decorations. The food is excellent. But best of all is the welcome you get from Philippe and Raymonde. It is like being at home - only better because you get looked after - or should I say spoilt?!

Date of stay: April 2017