“Best tea and cakes in QLD, fantastic cafe”
Review of The Silva Spoon

The Silva Spoon
Ranked #19 of 180 Quick Bites in Sunshine Coast
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I'm a regular customer whenever I'm on the Sunshine Coast. There is consistently high quality from the Silva Spoon. The shops has a huge range of teas and some unique and interesting cakes (catering to a range of dietary requirements such as gluten-free, soy, lactose free etc). The tea lattes are amazing, and the cake servings are very generous. Be sure to try something new and interesting as that is what the cafe specialises in.

Staff are polite, friendly and helpful. Can be quite crowded around peak times but worth a short wait to get a table. It is across the road from ample parking.

The shop also doubles as a gift shop with a tremendous range of unique and unusual teas which can also be purchased take home and brew yourself. The atmosphere is charming, peaceful and serene.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I always love the beautiful ambience of this place, with lots of gorgeous tea-related items on show and available for purchase. I enjoyed my iced strawberry zest tea, with a piece of vegan macadamia and date slice. Perfect on a sunny winter's day!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I recently had an overnight stay in Maroochydore/Cotton Tree and visited the Silva Spoon for a late lunch which substituted my need for dinner and then breakfast the following morning. Real tea in a teapot, and I can recommend the Assam BOP if you like a strong cuppa. My late lunch was at 4pm but there was no rush to close the cafe and I was graciously served. I had an open sandwich with prosciutto, Swiss cheese and chutney. Lovely, and for breakfast the following morning scrambled eggs with feta. Both times there was no problems with having Gluten Free. Newspapers and books are available to encourage the customer to take time to sit and let the world pass by. This shop used to be in King Street, and for awhile I have missed it, but I am glad I have found it again. Loose tea is also available for purchase.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I've been here about 5 times and the chai teas are amazing every time. You can smell the sample teas before you buy, which helps you to pick one. They have so many varieties that it helps make a decision, when you can smell your choices.... ohhh and the cakes.. OMG... simply works of art that is deliciously edible. Tea and a huge slice of cake costs around $13, but you'll be so full that you won't have to eat for hours. Lovely tea party wares and teas to purchase. I recommend a visit to this little delight when you visit the Sunny Coast.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I went to this place twice while I was in Mooloolaba. The coffee is amazing and it's so nice to sit in a place that is unique in its decor and has so many things to look at. I never have cake but both times I went there I ordered cake as it's so beautifully presented and decorated. Definitely recommend this place. I can't wait to go back there.