“Beautiful location”
Review of V Resorts - Pauri

V Resorts - Pauri
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pauri
Reviewed 1 November 2015

V Resorts has a perfect location with an amazing view.

Stayed here for a couple of nights during end Oct '15. Calm and serene weather will certainly have its soothing effect on you. Ideally suited for family & couples.
The patio offers a great view of the Himalayas on your right. They also have a meditation/yoga platform outside the rooms.

Rooms were good, though they could have been better considering that this is a professionally run resort. In the evening the hotel staff lights a bonfire. We had fun at the bonfire listening to music & having a few drinks.

Food and service is very good. Shall recommend this place to couples and families.
Note that the weather gets very cold after sunset, so if you are visiitng during Oct-Feb, do not forget to carry your thermal wear.

Neatly maintainer resort and definitely a recommended stay.

Room Tip: Choose room nos. beginning with 1
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for V Resorts - Pauri

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Pros: Environment, view (location), serenity, open space (good for all, specially children), behaviour of staff, away from main Pauri market.
Cons: Facility (away from market - need to travel 5KM for everything you may need), food is costly (taste is al-right), Resort-facilities are in bad condition (Carom board is hardly smooth and no boric power !!!), room service are not that good.

Suggestion to Management:
Have some co-coordinating facility for guests to market. Its hard to drive for required small things. I suddenly had cough in the evening and required medicine - but got 'sorry' from your staff. Thankfully I travelled with my friend who could help - else I was going to suffer the whole night.

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed 29 September 2015

Suggestion to Management:

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank sankudey
V-Resorts, Manager at V Resorts - Pauri, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Dear Mr Dey,

It was really nice to host a wonderful guest like you. It’s good to know that you liked our location and the view. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Your valuable suggestions have been taken into consideration and we are working on it. We have strictly instructed our resort staff to make sure all basic medication is available at the resort. And in case it’s not available they should arrange it from the market immediately, which is just a few kilometres away. All our indoor games have also been upgraded. Thanks once again for your comments, we shall await you again and strive to better the experience.

Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

Comfortable Stay and Awesome Food,
Precisely 5km from the Bazar "Pauri Market" staff was extremely supportive and helpful
The Manager Mr. Sandeep Naithani was supportive and always available for any assistance.

This is the place to be in Pauri if you are travelling there.

Do take every inclusion on mail at the time of reservation and booking.

Overall good experience

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2015

Winding roads and magnificent scenery of the Garhwal Himalayas en route to a charming resort in Pauri left me with cherished memories! A two-day visit was enough to convince me to trade skyscrapers and traffic for a few days in the lap of luxury amid the hills and lakes that typify Pauri.

Boarding Dehradoon Shatabdi in Delhi, I observed that though most people were heading to Dehradun there were a few who alighting at Haridwar, like me. Nameless faces passed by with their faces registering emotion; hope, grief, desire for redemption, longing for enlightenment, fervent prayers. There were others heading to Rishikesh judging by the travel gear. Not me. I was heading to V Resorts on hilly terrain, three hours from Haridwar—with no television, wi-fi or newspaper—so simple food, catching up on reading and revelling in the beauty of the landscape was the agenda!

Coming back to the trip, I got off at Haridwar station at 11:30 a.m. Like most travellers, my observation of hilly terrain happens from the backseat of a car, which was there to pick me up from the station. I braced myself for the drive with thoughts of mountain views. The road started to wind up into the hills after Rishikesh. The distance wasn't long but the hilly terrain makes it a long drive with bends and curves. This road wasn’t as hectic as a highway but it has potential for cold sweat! Because it's narrow, one has to take blind bends, blaring the horn to let opposing traffic know we're there. I stopped at a dhaba in DevPrayag for piping hot channa, roti and salad, then drove on, continuing to climb, the road becoming steeper, snaking left and right, as we headed in the direction of Pauri, 5,400 ft above sea level. When I stopped for photographs (and an obligatory selfie), I took in the magnificence of mountain and river views.

At 4, we arrived in Pauri and I checked into V Resorts that offered stunning views of snowbound Himalayan peaks. On checking in, tranquillity embraced me. I was looking out onto a valley, mountains in the distance, the sun setting. There were moments of sheer stillness, just the sound of fern trees exhaling in the evening breeze. This charming resort provides homestyle meals — in an idyllic setting. Cottage-style rooms set in a beautifully landscaped garden and an activity room with board games and books helped me forget the hustle bustle of city life and shortly I headed to the local market, back in time for dinner — the staff had taken my order earlier that evening and laid out tava chicken and roti. It was flavourful and spicy! However, by the time I looked around to ask someone for a bottle of water, the management had locked up and switched off lights in the property! I returned to my room and turned in early.
The following morning, I had coffee with sandwiches and set out to explore the region on foot. Pauri surprises with stunning landscapes, ancient temples and wildlife — I spotted wild elephants! It's all about quiet walks and stunning views of mountains glistening with snow — a snapshot of serenity. The rest of the day was spent in a hammock kindly arranged by the hotel staff with a jug of fresh juice and a book. The cook returned at 6 to ask if I would like butter chicken and roti and then laid it outdoors at 9. It was delicious, with the wind whistling through the trees! This time, the staff efficiently kept two bottles of water in my room. At this point, I'd like to make a suggestion — the manager retorts 'We lock up and sleep'. Fine. But shouldn't one staff member be on night duty as there are no telephones and all lights are switched off with the resort shrouded in darkness...

The following morning I checked out after masala chai and buttered toast, changing my route from Haridwar to Jolly Grant Airport. The drive was excellent and enroute I spotted two rivers meeting: a beautiful sight as one was brown and the other emerald. Reminiscing about the slice of Paradise, I do recommend pampering yourself in V Resorts Pauri for its beauty, flavourful food, long long walks in the lap of nature, lazing in a hammock. Or cozied up with kindred spirits, over food and drink, as the clouds roll in — its just a three hours scenic drive from a station or airport!

Room Tip: Close to reception as there are no phones!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pauri
35.5 km away
Lans Castle, A Boutique Hotel
29.3 km away
Raga on the Ganges - An Amritara Private Hideaway
Raga on the Ganges - An Amritara...
#2 of 2 in Singthali Village
38.2 km away
River Valley Resort
River Valley Resort
#2 of 3 in Garhwal

Been to V Resorts - Pauri? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK