“Rohit”

V Resorts - Pauri
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pauri
Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

Comfortable Stay and Awesome Food,
Precisely 5km from the Bazar "Pauri Market" staff was extremely supportive and helpful
The Manager Mr. Sandeep Naithani was supportive and always available for any assistance.

This is the place to be in Pauri if you are travelling there.

Do take every inclusion on mail at the time of reservation and booking.

Overall good experience

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for V Resorts - Pauri

Reviewed 25 August 2015

Winding roads and magnificent scenery of the Garhwal Himalayas en route to a charming resort in Pauri left me with cherished memories! A two-day visit was enough to convince me to trade skyscrapers and traffic for a few days in the lap of luxury amid the hills and lakes that typify Pauri.

Boarding Dehradoon Shatabdi in Delhi, I observed that though most people were heading to Dehradun there were a few who alighting at Haridwar, like me. Nameless faces passed by with their faces registering emotion; hope, grief, desire for redemption, longing for enlightenment, fervent prayers. There were others heading to Rishikesh judging by the travel gear. Not me. I was heading to V Resorts on hilly terrain, three hours from Haridwar—with no television, wi-fi or newspaper—so simple food, catching up on reading and revelling in the beauty of the landscape was the agenda!

Coming back to the trip, I got off at Haridwar station at 11:30 a.m. Like most travellers, my observation of hilly terrain happens from the backseat of a car, which was there to pick me up from the station. I braced myself for the drive with thoughts of mountain views. The road started to wind up into the hills after Rishikesh. The distance wasn't long but the hilly terrain makes it a long drive with bends and curves. This road wasn’t as hectic as a highway but it has potential for cold sweat! Because it's narrow, one has to take blind bends, blaring the horn to let opposing traffic know we're there. I stopped at a dhaba in DevPrayag for piping hot channa, roti and salad, then drove on, continuing to climb, the road becoming steeper, snaking left and right, as we headed in the direction of Pauri, 5,400 ft above sea level. When I stopped for photographs (and an obligatory selfie), I took in the magnificence of mountain and river views.

At 4, we arrived in Pauri and I checked into V Resorts that offered stunning views of snowbound Himalayan peaks. On checking in, tranquillity embraced me. I was looking out onto a valley, mountains in the distance, the sun setting. There were moments of sheer stillness, just the sound of fern trees exhaling in the evening breeze. This charming resort provides homestyle meals — in an idyllic setting. Cottage-style rooms set in a beautifully landscaped garden and an activity room with board games and books helped me forget the hustle bustle of city life and shortly I headed to the local market, back in time for dinner — the staff had taken my order earlier that evening and laid out tava chicken and roti. It was flavourful and spicy! However, by the time I looked around to ask someone for a bottle of water, the management had locked up and switched off lights in the property! I returned to my room and turned in early.
The following morning, I had coffee with sandwiches and set out to explore the region on foot. Pauri surprises with stunning landscapes, ancient temples and wildlife — I spotted wild elephants! It's all about quiet walks and stunning views of mountains glistening with snow — a snapshot of serenity. The rest of the day was spent in a hammock kindly arranged by the hotel staff with a jug of fresh juice and a book. The cook returned at 6 to ask if I would like butter chicken and roti and then laid it outdoors at 9. It was delicious, with the wind whistling through the trees! This time, the staff efficiently kept two bottles of water in my room. At this point, I'd like to make a suggestion — the manager retorts 'We lock up and sleep'. Fine. But shouldn't one staff member be on night duty as there are no telephones and all lights are switched off with the resort shrouded in darkness...

The following morning I checked out after masala chai and buttered toast, changing my route from Haridwar to Jolly Grant Airport. The drive was excellent and enroute I spotted two rivers meeting: a beautiful sight as one was brown and the other emerald. Reminiscing about the slice of Paradise, I do recommend pampering yourself in V Resorts Pauri for its beauty, flavourful food, long long walks in the lap of nature, lazing in a hammock. Or cozied up with kindred spirits, over food and drink, as the clouds roll in — its just a three hours scenic drive from a station or airport!

Room Tip: Close to reception as there are no phones!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

I visited the v resort pouri with my 15 family membars first time in 15 and 16 August 2015.the awsome experience in resort.the resort is located is very nice location.facing a deep valley view.no tv in the room is good decision.you may relaxed in resort away the daily huzzal and puzzle in business or job.food quality is very good.all items are very tasty.all staff members are well natured spl Mr.sandeep nathani manager of resort is very friendly natured and coprative.no complaints about any service .resort room are neat and clean.we mostly all members will give them 9.5 marks out of 10.overall it was memorable experience

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2015

I was on a trip with my friends to Pauri for the first time. This hotel is one of the best in terms of location. The hotel and surrounded by huge mountains and a scenic view. The hotel rooms are beautiful and very neat and clean.Staff and Manager Sandeep was very courteous. Breakfast layout was lavish and the food was great too, esp the Poori Aloo Sabzi. Overall a satisfying experience.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are Good.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2015

I visited V Resort Pauri with my family of 5 on 14th to 16th Aug 2015. The resort is at a very nice location facing the deep valley and its away from the main pauri town (approx 3-4 km). Best rooms to stay are 101 to 108. We stayed in 107 & 108 (best of the lot) adjacent to the garden. View outside the room was mesmerizing. You could sit all day looking at the beautiful valley and mountains.
About the Hotel...Rooms are ok in size. Bedding was also good. food was amazing considering the location they are situated in. As we are from Delhi so ordering Shahi Paneer was a chance which we took but the dish was better than any Delhi restaurant. Overall on food I will give them 4.5 out of 5. Few things they have to consider....they are in the process of improving their facilities as its a recent takeover from another hotel. No intercom in the room, no TV in the room (otherwise also who will watch TV there). Manager Sandeep is a friendly person. Overall staff was also friendly. you will not complain about the services for sure...overall it was great experience..

Room Tip: 101 to 108
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pauri
35.5 km away
Lans Castle, A Boutique Hotel
29.3 km away
Raga on the Ganges - An Amritara Private Hideaway
Raga on the Ganges - An Amritara...
#2 of 2 in Singthali Village
38.2 km away
River Valley Resort
River Valley Resort
#2 of 3 in Garhwal

Been to V Resorts - Pauri? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK