All reviews the pub well stocked mini bar steak haddock an extensive wine list underfloor heating by the glass fresh milk walk in shower first class booked a table excellent food cooked to perfection great meal two courses constable country poached eggs
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to the Crown a few times and this is the first time I’ve written a review.

The Crown is a wonderful place to have a meal with exceptional food, a fantastic wine list and great front of house.

The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. The bar staff are well skilled at cocktail making and have a great appreciation of wine.

The meal was beautiful - I can not recommend the mussels as a starter enough!! Cooked to perfection and the broth was divine.

We went for the haddock as a main which was beautiful and very generous in size....the chips were cooked beautifully and the batter was very light.

The only reason I have not given a 5 star rating is because I found the dinner service to be lacking. This has not been the case before. When ordering a not inexpensive bottle of wine it would be nice to have it opened at the table and offered the opportunity to taste it. It was not even served into glasses but left for us to pour - certainly not something I’ve experienced here before. The service did feel slightly rushed - perhaps it was just the night or new staff.

Despite this yet again the Crown provided a wonderful evening with excellent food.

We will be back again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Wonderful Sunday lunch
We booked-that was essential. We had a great welcome and that was the most interesting menu to choose from. Lots of lovely fish and delicious liver and steaks as well interestingly cooked

The service was excellent-no hanging around but you really could see that it was just cooked for you. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Apologies for shamelessly using the title of my favourite Squeeze song to headline my review but The Crown really is fantastic.
My wife and I were treated to a break at this gem of a hotel.
Our room was beautifully designed and decorated with some great touches.
We had dinner in the restaurant and chose from an excellent menu; the wine list is also good.
We had pre dinner drinks and were treated to a cocktail making masterclass by the mixologist.
The Crown is highly recommended.
PS. The breakfast is also outstanding.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped here by chance on route to Colchester. Had the most superb and freshly prepared Haddock and Chunky Chips. The batter was light as a feather. Beautiful surroundings and the staff were excellent.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018

This is a delightful and stylish place to stay and to dine. Beautiful, comfortable room with a huge well lit bathroom . First class attention from reception on arrival and terrific service at dinner . It’s also a good location if you want to explore Suffolk .

Room Tip: It seems to me that all the rooms are of high quality
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends