“Such a great place! ”

Lakeview Motel & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Sauble Beach
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Awesome service! Great pool! Cute rooms with a full size fridge. Short walk to the beach and right beside the grocery store and lcbo. Perfect location. Love the BBQ's and green space for the kids to play!
We loved it so much we stayed twice this summer.
We will be back!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I've stayed at almost all of the other hotels/motels in the area, and because this place had vacancy I decided to give it a try. I booked the King room suite because it was the same price as all of the other rooms. We checked in at around 5pm. We were greeted at the door and had a good feeling about the place given the warm welcome we received. I was told that the King suite is actually the former master bedroom in the house. We were then told that there wasn't air conditioning in that room, but there was a ceiling fan and with the window open there is always a breeze. Hmm would have been good to know before booking. I was able to park on grass at the base of the stairs on the opposite side of the parking lot. The wooden stairs are quite narrow and steep. Definitely not for everyone. There was one stair in particular that was starting to deteriorate. Carrying luggage up the stairs can be tricky. There was a small sitting area outside of the room which was nice. The screen door on the room was difficult to open. You had to use two hands on the lower half of the door to slide it open. The glass door's handle was broken off, so you had to use your hand on the glass to slide the door open. The room was clean, had a faint bleach smell which to me is the most important thing.The king bed took up most of the room. There was a love seat in the closet. We both said we would have rather had a closet to hang our clothes. There was a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a small table with two chairs to eat at. The tv was a small flat screen with an ok picture. The bathroom was a good size and clean. Shower had lots of hot water and good water pressure. Now lets go back to the absence of an air conditioner. Yes, she was right. With the ceiling fan on and slight breeze, it was quite comfortable, BUT the road noise from cars going past till late into the night along with pedestrians walking past yelling or even just talking, it was quite difficult to sleep. Then the traffic started back up early in the morning again. I was reading other reviews before writing this and I was surprised to hear that there was such a nice back yard, bar-b-que and pool for us to use. Nothing was mentioned during our check in, and because of the location of our room, we couldn't see around the back of the motel. It would have been nice to take advantage of the amenities. The location is good, close to shopping (both food and clothing) and not too far from the beach. You can't see the lake from your room in the hotel. I would return to this motel, but would probably try a different room.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with air conditioners.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deagle3
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The location is near perfect, a 5 min walk to the main beach. I love the pool and yard with the gorgeous trees. The bbq's are an amazing idea. The owners are nice and helpful. The rooms were ok, basic but clean. The A/C worked well, room was a bit small and outdated. Having a fridge was handy!
Overall, a unique get away.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2016

My wife and I stayed here over the recent Labour Day long weekend, and previously in June/July 2015. We likely will stay here again in 2017 ! The hosts, Randy and Gail, exude a cordial and caring aspect. The property is well manicured; the heated outdoor pool entices you to linger with its relaxing temperature and clear water; the motel rooms are spacious and spotless; the entire complex proclaims that it has been CAA approved. This is not a glitzy resort. This is a destination for quiet, fun times. A time to meet new folk....by the pit bon fire in the evenings; around the pool in the day; on a casual stroll from the complex to the beach, at any time. This is a place to make new friends. A place to unwind from the hustle and bustle of life. A place like a home away from home. This is what Lakeview Motel and Cottages have to offer. Thank you Randy and Gail. Tony and Jen, Mississauga.

Room Tip: All rooms are ground level and accessible
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016

When I decided to extend my stay this visit to Sauble Beach, I was most fortunate to land at Lakeview. I was warmly greeted, sincerely welcomed and pleasantly accommodated by both Gail and Randy. My room was spacious and clean (linen and towel service is provided), with TV, microwave (upon request) and WiFi. Gail and Randy happily shared interesting Sauble history and recommended activities in the area. It was my first time on the Rankin River Bridge Road and kayaking on the Sauble river. I also enjoyed many insightful conversations with both of them. It was a pleasure meeting other guests downtown Sauble, at the Lakeview pool and around the firepit in the evening. The short walk to downtown/beach is good exercise, bicycle rentals are on the way, groceries are across the street and the LCBO is around the corner, just a few of the many conveniences close by. Although Lakeview is on Main Street, all is quiet at night and the location is safe and secure. Randy and Gail make absolutely certain that all guests are respected and respectful. This was the most important quality for me. Next time, I will ask Gail about her photography and find out more about Sauble from Randy. Thank you, Hannelore from Burlington

Room Tip: There are choices to meet individual needs.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
0.4 km away
Bel-Air Motel & Cottages Sauble Beach
3.7 km away
Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina

Been to Lakeview Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK