Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Ive stayed here a few times. It's cheap and my expectations were not high. My experience was bad enough that cheap can't make up for it.

What I was expecting: a room, access to my room, a bathroom of sorts, and air conditioning capable of cooling the room. I don't think that's too much to expect.

I arrived late. They had rang and sent details of how to check in and where to get the key prior to me arriving. They did not send the pin to access the box containing the room key. Upon ringing the after hours contact many times, he finally answered, had to ring the manager, did not ring me back, when rung again he told me they had sent me the pin and he didn't know what it was anyway. More phone calls. Eventually got into the box when another guest arrived.

Air conditioning almost cools the room on a cool night. If it's hot forget it. The air conditioning has been modified presumably to use less power at the expense of its function. I had complained about air conditioning previously, as it was a hot day and I could not cool the room and had been told there was nothing wrong with it.

Otherwise room was as expected.

Despite it being cheap, and it was significantly cheaper than anything else, I would not recommend staying here.

I will not be back.

Stay somewhere else. Not worth it here.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Arun Balachandran, General Manager at Ibis Budget Wentworthville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2020

Hi Robert, Sorry about the late reply. I am sorry it seems like our hotel is up to your standard. Regarding your late checkin, it is pure human mistake. I have addressed the issue with my team. All our air-con are working well. However when it is super hot day it does take a while to cool the whole room down especially the room has been occupied for a while. Hope you are safe and healthy. Have a great week ahead. Forrest Pang General Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

For the cost, I would recommend you pay the extra and go elsewhere.

The rooms are tiny, the decor old and the toilet/bathroom terrible.

Budget may be the word, I would suggest it looks like a jail cell.

No iron to use in room, communal area use only.

Pros for it has air con and a television

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Arun Balachandran, General Manager at Ibis Budget Wentworthville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2020

Good Morning IrishWog, Thank you for your review. It seems like you are not aware of Ibis Budget Brand. The size and the design of the room and bathroom is national standard. Unfortunately we couldn't change that. If you decide to stay with Accor Chain, you might need to book Ibis Red, Novotel, Mercure in future. Hope it helps. Have a great week ahead. Forrest Pang General Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2020 via mobile

The hotel itself is nice but the rooms are old, the shower toilet cubicle is tiny and the shower has bad water pressure. The green and white walls seemed pretty depressing. The rooms need a refurbishment. I only stayed one night so i's not too bad, but it's not worth the 110 per night.

There is free onsite parking which was good and it's off a main street so it's in a good location too.

I was really offended by the attitude of one of the staff members who contacted me too. After a mishap with booking.com, I received a phonecall at 915pm from a girl at the hotel saying my payments been declined and they need payment before organising my reservation. But they need payment by 10pm. Even though on booking.com it said I can pay when I arrive.

She then asked me to send her a photo via SMS of my credit card number and ccv and she'd book a room for me. I told her I wouldn't send it to her and she she said if I didn't send it I couldn't get a room there

I added another card to my booking.com file and rang back and asked her to process it again. She said she just tried and payment didn't go through and she still asked for a photo of my creditcard before she goes ahead with anything. I asked her again to try and process the payment , and it did go through that time so I got my room there.

A whole bunch of red flags there and the girl on the phone seemed extremely unprofessional. Another unprofessional thing they did was leave an envelope with my key in it and it had my full name on it due to me arriving at 1am, I don't think they can do that with privacy rules although I may be mistaken.

I stay at ibis hotels a lot, and this one was below standard.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank seankay86
Arun B, General Manager at Ibis Budget Wentworthville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2020

Hi Seankay86, Thank you for your review. The design or the size of our room is our Ibis Budget Hotel standard. I do agree we are due to refurbish. Normally all Ibis Budget hotels closes at 10:00pm which states on all websites. Our reception is making calls around 21:00pm to verify if late checkin requires. We are trying to protect guest and ourselves for credit card fraud by asking sending picture of Credit card and photo ID. we do have privacy act within hotel. None of your information will be passing on to anyone and credit card details will be deleted as well. on behalf of our reception we do apologize for making you feel unwelcome. That is definitely not her intention. We are trying to make sure everyone can checkin properly. I hope you understand. Have a great week ahead. Forrest Pang General Manager

Reviewed 28 December 2019

We have been staying at the ibis budget at Wentworthville for the past 20 years on and off. It is starting to need a decent refurb. Shower door leaked, Air con would have rivalled a 747 for noise, and generally it is 'tired'

New staff were friendly and courteous.

Date of stay: December 2019
Arun B, General Manager at Ibis Budget Wentworthville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2019

Good Afternoon OzWander, Thank you for your review. I totally agree our hotel needs to be refurbished. We have put proposal in for our owner. Hopefully it will be approved in coming new year. Hope you have a great New Year. Forrest Pang General Manager

Reviewed 27 December 2019

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com