“Good Japanese food in a quiet relaxed setting”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Torin Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 102 Restaurants in Eastwood
Reviewed 25 April 2017

I now visit Torin for lunch every time I go to Eastwood at that time, as it offers a good quick service for a lunchtime break and the food is good

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Having eaten here in the past, my wife & I ate here again recently one evening; and were not disappointed with the choice in food or service.

We had the fried oysters (rather large and covered in batter, only three in plate; why don't they serve two or four ?); the chicken yakitori (again three sticks), some tempura, a grilled fish, some eel kebayaki; and a bottle of sake.

The service was very attentive and friendly.

All in all, a very nice evening, which would have been even nicer if not for the lady talking loudly on her hands-free phone at the table next to us. :-)

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

I came when it was not so busy. So I got an excellent service. Most staff are koreans. The menu has large variety, and I got take away after my meal. The food didn't take too long, and it tasted great.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

This place is buzzing and I can see why.

For a small venue, this place was packed to the rafters. The meals are flavourful and impressive. The menu is mainly Japanese with some Korean dishes. Prices are very competitive for a busy area.

They are a bit let down by their service side and this is partly due to a communication/language barrier. We were unable to get answers to some of our questions (some menu items were unfamiliar to us) and i had to ask repeatedly about the sake. They were a bit slow to clear empty plates, but they were flat out.

There is a very decent Japanese beer on tap and the venue is BYO.

Some of the dishes were a new experience and one we are keen to repeat.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Went recently with a friend and the service was as always excellent. We enjoyed a nice bear with our broad selection of foods. It really is a good restaurant and the food is very good as well as a friendly atmosphere. There are cheaper restaurants in the area, but the quality here is consistent.