All reviews great shower steak pie very nice hotel street parking evening meal hotel restaurant family room fresh fruit fantastic stay warm welcome first class southern menu rachael portions waitress wedding
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I booked this hotel as I wanted to stay over and watch mt football team Queen of the South play their final league game of the season,The room was basic but fine.Not much bigger than a single room but yet I had to pay single supplement. The remote to the tv did not work. Complained someone came to look at it- twiddled about different ways of holding remote and got it too work.But as soon as he was away didnt work again. No telephone in room so I had to trail to reception to complain.The meals- looked at their website and the choices looked really good and comments brilliant so looked forward to it.Got presented with a bit of paper with For Groupon guests emblazoned on it,The choice wasnt great and quality was similiar to frozen foods cos that in essence was what it was.I complained to the manager esp as I wasnt groupon (altho did book thru MyHotelBreak who are excellent just back from brill hol thru them)he gave me short shrift and basically left me very angry.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Garry T
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

This was my fourth time at this hotel, it’s comfortable enough however this stay was different and I’ll never return.
There was no hot water.
Traffic noise in the room was terrible, however I realise this isn’t at the control of the owners.
Customer service is however purely at their control and I have been disgusted by the way Pawel chastised me in the corridor for leaving the dining room without leaving payment details. I had only left to use the toilet. I couldn’t get a word in edgeways.
This also continued after I was home. Reception was closed at 10pm so I left a note with my contact details so I could settle the couple of pounds I had to pay over my company allowance. Again I received a barrage for leaving before settling the account, I did try to explain that I expected the reception to be open at 22:00 and as it wasn’t I had left details.
I wasn’t trying to avoid paying a whole £14, honestly.
Maybe Pawel can use the £14 towards a customer care course!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
7  Thank Ross A
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Comfortable room, pleasant staff, excellent service, really good food including a cracking Cullen Skink and a chunky gammon steak and some grand custard and crumble.

All good until peace and quiet was shattered on Saturday night when the music started in Hudson's Bar and banged on tat peak volume till 1am in the morning. Our room, 111, happened to be directly above the main action. Be warned and ask to avoid it if there is to be a music night below.

Room Tip: Watch out for Hudson's music nights.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We were given a family room, with a king size bed and two twins. There was also an upholstered chair and a love seat. We were very comfortable and the service was great. The city is walkable and we stretched our legs after dinner.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Stayed 4 days and really enjoyed being looked after. Family owned and the difference was obvious. Nothing was too much trouble. Stayed on ground floor with facilities at hand but the hotel was quiet. 10 out of 10 for most things except the poor toilet paper!!

Stayed: July 2018