All reviews great shower steak pie street parking an evening meal fantastic hotel hotel restaurant family room one night stay fresh fruit black pudding warm welcome fantastic stay first class breakfast was delicious southern menu portions
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

This was my fourth time at this hotel, it’s comfortable enough however this stay was different and I’ll never return.
There was no hot water.
Traffic noise in the room was terrible, however I realise this isn’t at the control of the owners.
Customer service is however purely at their control and I have been disgusted by the way Pawel chastised me in the corridor for leaving the dining room without leaving payment details. I had only left to use the toilet. I couldn’t get a word in edgeways.
This also continued after I was home. Reception was closed at 10pm so I left a note with my contact details so I could settle the couple of pounds I had to pay over my company allowance. Again I received a barrage for leaving before settling the account, I did try to explain that I expected the reception to be open at 22:00 and as it wasn’t I had left details.
I wasn’t trying to avoid paying a whole £14, honestly.
Maybe Pawel can use the £14 towards a customer care course!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
8  Thank bikemunki
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Comfortable room, pleasant staff, excellent service, really good food including a cracking Cullen Skink and a chunky gammon steak and some grand custard and crumble.

All good until peace and quiet was shattered on Saturday night when the music started in Hudson's Bar and banged on tat peak volume till 1am in the morning. Our room, 111, happened to be directly above the main action. Be warned and ask to avoid it if there is to be a music night below.

Room tip: Watch out for Hudson's music nights.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We were given a family room, with a king size bed and two twins. There was also an upholstered chair and a love seat. We were very comfortable and the service was great. The city is walkable and we stretched our legs after dinner.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Stayed 4 days and really enjoyed being looked after. Family owned and the difference was obvious. Nothing was too much trouble. Stayed on ground floor with facilities at hand but the hotel was quiet. 10 out of 10 for most things except the poor toilet paper!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018

We came as a staff of 25 for our end of term meal. Had already chosen the complete menu for everyone and we were greeted by a pleasant gent, one of the owners apparently. However, once the food was being served to the tables, by the gentleman owner and a lovely waitress, he started getting really annoyed because the orders didn't appear to match with our requests. Needless to say, we had a few words after he interrupted me at least 4 times whilst trying to enjoy my meal. His very gracious wife came and apologised for all the upheaval and to compensate us with free drinks, tea/coffee and 20% off our total bill.Thank you to her and we appreciated the gesture. Perhaps the gentleman owner would be better suited to a different role within the business and leave his partner to attend to the catering side of things.

Date of stay: June 2018