“Outstanding every time”

The Station Grill Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Description: This restaurant has recently been purchased by new owners who have under gone a full refurbishment of the whole premises. We re-opened on the 14th of November 2015 giving customers a stylish dining experience with a Menu that only serves fresh and quality produce that suits everyone's needs. Reservations are recommended but please do not hesitate to walk in.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This family friendly pub & restaurant get it all right where other places get it sooo wrong! We travel from the Midlands to enjoy not only the fabulous setting of this pub but above all the food. The many meals we have had at the Station have been amazing. Nothing is too much trouble for Julie & her staff. We’ve never had to ask twice for anything. In particular, on Easter Sunday 14 of us enjoyed a 3-course meal. The place was packed but the service remained outstanding. The food was at the same high level as when we’ve visited during quieter times. All meals came out on time & together, and the food was hot (my particular bug-bear!) Really can not fault this place. Well done Julie!

PaulandJulieFitton, Owner at The Station Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Many thanks Natalie for your very kind review it is greatly appreciated and I am so pleased that you your family and friends all enjoyed your meals and service. We look forward to seeing you more over the summer months hopefully if we get some more nicer weather you can enjoy the terrace.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We visit the SG monthly and often pop in between, the staff are friendly and attentive they even remember what you drink, the food is freshly prepared and good quality. we always look forward to going as we are guaranteed a good meal.

PaulandJulieFitton, Owner at The Station Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you so much for your very kind review and also for visiting the Station Grill so often, we are so pleased that you enjoy your visits and very much look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Me and my mother decided to pop in on a Monday evening have been a few times and was as fantastic as always! Staff are friendly and helpful! Food was prompt and very tasty can’t wait to go back!

PaulandJulieFitton, Owner at The Station Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for your very kind review we are very glad that you have enjoyed your visits and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I visited the SG about a year ago with wife and about 25 people from her gardening club. The service given and the quality and delivery of the food to such a large number of people was really impressive. In addition, I had a couple of draught beers which were ‘spot on’.

I was so impressed that I visited the following month for my 65th birthday. In tow, I had my wife who is a ‘veggie’, my son and his partner who are ‘steak buffs’ and two grandchildren aged 6 and 10 who I describe as ‘fussy eaters’. In addition, I have a problem swallowing food following radiotherapy treatment. We all found starters, mains an desert to suit us and there was a good selection of wine. We had a fantastic meal and the service was superb.

Later in the year we visited again when we just drove there one night without booking. We managed to get a table and again the food was first class.

We have also been a couple of few times with couples and I will be going again next month for my birthday plus the grandchildren.

I am retired now but during my business career I have been lucky to eat in many restaurants worldwide over many years. I have no hesitation in recommending the Station Grill for any occasion. Service is fantastic, staff are friendly and prices are good. They certainly punch above their weight.

PaulandJulieFitton, Owner at The Station Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Many thanks for your very kind review and taking the time to write such a beautiful review for us. We do all work very hard here to make sure that our customers are happy so it makes my day when a lovely customer like yourself writes such a wonderful review. We very much look forward to you seeing you next month, many thanks again it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

When I visit the area, this my restaurant of choice. The menu is always interesting and well balanced and the food is fresh, seasonal and beautifully prepared. Good friendly service and exceptional value.

3  Thank timhall50
PaulandJulieFitton, Owner at The Station Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Many thanks Tim for your very kind review we are very pleased that you enjoy your visits here and we very much look forward to seeing you again soon.