All reviews san jose costa rica hanging chairs screened windows surrounding mountains security gate beautiful hotel ceiling fan king size hidden gem treated like family minute drive from the airport small hotel nice breakfast room was large last night pura vida
Reviewed 12 July 2018

We stayed only one night here before heading home, and it was very nice. The room was large and clean, and the common areas were very nice and relaxing. There is a lot of seating around the pool, my favorite were the swinging/hanging chairs. They make good cocktails; I recommend the passionfruit margarita, it was delicious. The food was very good, but not amazing. The staff were helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Abby M
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Kenny, who checked us in was great. Friendly, helpful- great guy. Our room was basic but OK. We had room 12 on the end, upstairs. We could really have used a fan or ceiling fan since there is no A/C. One thing to note, you might think your continental b'fast is free but if you go down and load up a plate from the buffet below, you will get charged for the "full" breakfast. There is no signage or waitstaff who will tell you the difference. My husband just had toast and coffee and we got charged about nine bucks anyway.

Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank Patti S
Reviewed 20 April 2018

This is a small charming Estate type Inn. Located off the beaten track, but easy to get to off of Route 27. The rooms are huge, bathrooms perfect and big. Antique furniture and an old world feel to the Lodge. Lovely pool, beautiful dining indoors or out. We had breakfast and dinner and were not disappointed. Prices more than fair. Peace and tranquility abound. Beautiful Costa Rican landscape with no buildings or street noise. Very very secluded and SAFE. Guarded entrance, with gate. The climate of Escazu is quite cool, so no noisy airconditioner is necessary. Rooms have delightful cross ventilation and a quilt felt good during the night. Everything is immaculately clean, and the staff is responsive to requests, even bringing us a menu to review before coming down to dinner. We felt like we were in someone's private estate.

Room tip: I think the upstairs rooms are best, with a large deck.
Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank ticajean
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure to stay at this hotel one night before and after a flight from Tobias airport. The staff, Elizabeth, Henir, Kenny and Juliavert(?) were so kind, generous and gracious. The first night we were there, they worked tirelessly to confirm some changes to our flights in the morning, going well above and beyond normal service I believe. We were treated like family and felt very at home. It's a quiet hotel, away from the city noise, but also close to many services.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank flexfarmerette
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We spent 6 days, 5 nights at Hotel Posada Canal Grande.There are attentive guards at the entrance to the property so they call up to the hotel prior to letting vehicles in. Once in, Ubers, tour buses etc meet right in front of the entrance to the hotel. The property is open and clean and the staff is friendly. They were helpful and readily available throughout our entire stay. We were on the second floor in one of end rooms (the best location in our opinion). You will NOT miss having an AC, unless ofcourse you intend to feel cold temperatures. If you intend to feel comfortable, cool and breezy, this is the place. The bathroom lighting is dim but not at all bothersome. The TV channels are limited and the wifi is sometimes spotty, so if you need it for work or entertainment you'd be better off downstairs. Flowers and leaves tend to blow in to the pool, but otherwise, they are sure to clean in it regularly as I've seen myself. Food and drinks are freshly prepared. I enjoyed the local fruit jam available at breakfast daily. If you'd like to travel to San Jose you have the option to take the bus since the bus stop is steps away from the property entrance. Kenny, who checked us in, played a major role in our stay. Not only was he great at his job, he was passionate about the country and therefore, helpful with planning activities. Thank you Kenny! The hotel is simple, modest and authentic. For its cost, I couldn't imagine expecting more. I was pleased with my stay and would return here without a doubt! -Alicia & Myles

Date of stay: March 2018