See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 January 2017

I stayed in Heidi Hof from 16 Jan to 19 Jan. It is a nice stay for the following reasons:

1) Location is wonderful - it is very close to bus stop to Happo one and Hakuba 47. Easy to find many restaurants nearby.

2) The hotel is managed by a family - they are super nice. They pick me up in the bus terminal upon arrival and offer to give me a ride to the bus terminal on the departure date. My departure time is in the afternoon and I can stay in the lobby very comfortable for a few hours before I leave

3) Nice breakfast - The best breakfast I have ever had in my life. Everyday is different - fresh and yummy. Freshly baked bread and wonderful eggs and yoga

4) Dinner - Don't forget to reserve a dinner in this nice place. The dinner is well cooked and super delicious.

It is a nice place in terms of price and food. I highly recommend it for others who will travel to Hakuba.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Heidi Hof for 6 nights and was given a large room at the end of the hall. This made the stay great for the 4 of us (2 adults with 2 kids, 7 & 10).

The Japanese family that run Heidi Hof was attentive. The breakfast & dinner at the hotel were fantastic. Heidi Hof offers fine dining with booking in advance. It was a 5-course meals & my kids (who are fussy eaters) loved it! The price was reasonable (about $85 per person).

The hotel has a beautiful view to the ski slope. It is close to a lane of restaurants and next to a bottle shop. It does not have laundry facilities, but there is a laundromat close by.

If we go to Hakuba again, we will certainly consider staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CantBeBothered18
Reviewed 4 March 2016

We had a lovely time at Heidi Hof Kakuba, the family running it is really kind and helpful. It was our first time in Hakuba.
The style of the building recreates one of these Swiss chalets and has a small working chimney. From the windows of the room we were in on the 2nd floor, we had a great view on the ski parks (Happo 47 and Happo one) and ski jumping stadiums. The location is barely 5 min by car from the happo one ski area, there is an ski rental shop 2 min away walking. The room was well heated, wifi was good. We enjoyed the natural hotspring (in a separate attending house) although I wished the outside baths were in service in the winter!
The best was the food, french style, 5 courses, decent portions, just amazing especially for the price. The bread and bakeries are excellent at every meal. We highly recommend having dinner there!
If you want to vary, there are quite a number of other restaurants around and pletor in the village.
We highly recommend Heidi Hof for your stay in Happo one.

Date of stay: March 2016
1  Thank Pf V
Reviewed 30 January 2016

This was one of the nicest place I have stayed in years. Quaint and quirky, yet simply charming and is run by the some of the loveliest people you could ever hope to meet on your travels. Nothing is too much trouble and advice is always to hand to make your skiing holiday hassle free. The food is just delicious and beautifully prepared. Our family of five (three teenagers) will happily return for another seven nights next year, if possible. It is also centrally located near Echoland Precinct which has nice restaurants (Western & Japanese) and also close to bus shuttle stops for all the ski-fields.

1  Thank Timothy2963
Reviewed 19 January 2016

This is a lovely family run, small hotel. It is impecably clean with everything you need for a skiing holiday. The owners can't do enough for you, from advice to booking restaurants. Azusa speaks good English and is wonderful.
The breakfasts are amazing - something different each day, and the french dinners are awesome (5 courses, cooked by mother and daughter).
The location is a 5 minute walk from main street of Echoland, where there are lots of restaurants/cafes and a convenience store. It is a 2 min walk to bus stops (5 mins from Happo Gondola, 10 mins from Hakuba 47).
My husband and kids loved the onsen in the hotel, and we would definitely stay here again.
And the views of the mountain were fabulous!

1  Thank Jarelle