All reviews katie and jehan the main house hot water bottles focal point cold snap travel dates other guests three nights refreshing lemon luck of the draw flora fauna naturalist guide got lucky evening walk brownie safari experience memorable stay
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Asher Gary in the middle of our trip. Katie and Jehan were very welcoming. All meals are taken in the family room with the other guest and are buffet style.

The bush breakfast were lovely and all the food in the camp was simple but delicious.

My main complaint was the quality of the bedding. The pillows, and duvets were filled with synthetics which made them very sweaty and the duvet cover was polycotton, a tad sticky. Everything smelt strongly of mothballs which was rather unpleasant.

Kanha Park is a Green park and we had some good sightings (no tigers though!). Our guide Sonsingh was friendly and knowledgeable.

The jeeps are adequate but nothing special compared with East Africa.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Katie B, Owner at Shergarh Tented Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience which was positive overall. It was our pleasure to host you and take care of your dietary requirements. While Shergarh is a simple and authentic wildlife lodge, we take comfort seriously and we are sorry to hear that you felt unhappy with the bedding. If we had known at the time, we would have liked the opportunity to make you more comfortable. As a note to future guests, I would like to assure that while we provide soft microfibre pillows, our duvets are made from locally-sourced cotton padding and ALL of our linen is 100% cotton. We do not use synthetic materials. I feel it's important to note that the guests were travelling in early April when a severe heat-wave was sweeping the country. Concerning the scent of moth-balls, we have previously used these as a protective measure when our camp is packed away during the monsoon. However, we took a decision to stop using them two years ago, so I apologise for any residual effect, but again, I would like to assure our future guests that we do not use moth balls.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

what an amazing place being run by katie and jehan . me and my wife stayed with them for 3 nights and since it was my wifes 7th national park without having any sightings in her previous trips, i must say we were very lucky to spot a tiger on most of our safaris . special thanks to the naturalist in the camp "raj" was just outstanding and his knowledge about the park as well as the natural tendencies and habits of the animals was very good . we did the night safari as well which was fabulous since jehan himself accompanied us . the camp in itself was very nice and everyone there made extra effort in ensuring the guests had a comfortable trip .in all in all coudnt have asked for anything better .

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank biki_singh
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Very nice and friendly staff, tented accommodation, nice well good. Food was nice and adequate. The guides were good and we saw tigers - great - would have loved air conditioning in the heat of the day rather than a fan cooling system.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I could literally stay here forever! It is stunning!

The biggest thank you to what must be one of the best guides on the planet. Raj is a marvel! He is exceptional. He is a walking encyclopaedia of knowledge and we cannot thank him enough.

All the staff here are wonderful. They are always looking to see how they can help and the wonderful touches such as tea or coffee each morning at your rent entrance and the hot water bottles in your bed or in the jeeps for safari! Amazing!

The food was exceptional too. My wife has a severe nut allergy but they catered for it without any issues at all. Superb food, plentiful and always had more if you needed. Different every day and extremely tasty. Beer and wine available too which is also great after a couple of safaris a day.

India is very different for those, like me, who love a safari. This is not Africa, you will not see the jungle always teeming with mammals, but this makes it very special when you do. The listening of the sounds all around us and the incredible bird life make the place special. We were very lucky, thanks to Raj. We saw a tigress on our 7th safari and indeed it then went and killed a deer, but do not expect this to be the norm. It is such a beautiful place, you will want to stay forever.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lofthouses
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I can't find any fault with my holiday at Shergarh Tented Camp.
I had a warm welcome and all the staff were so kind and helpful. The food and service were excellent too. I loved staying in the tent (I even found a hot water bottle in my bed when the nights were cold). On the safaris you are accompanied by a very knowledgeable naturalist and I had plenty of sightings of birds and mammals, including tigers!
This was my first visit to India and I travelled alone. This didn't matter as I met some lovely fellow guests and we would all sit down to meals with some of the Shergarh team. I certainly hope to return.

Trip type: Travelled solo