Banjaar Tola(Kanha National Park)
US$ 177
  • Pool
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 307/night.

The Baagh Forest Retreat(Kanha National Park)
US$ 70
  • Breakfast included
Motel Chandan(Kanha National Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 22
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 27/night.

Mogli Resort(Kanha National Park)
US$ 83
US$ 65
  • Pool
Pug Mark Resort(Kanha National Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 57
  • Restaurant
Kanha Resort(Kanha National Park)
US$ 51
US$ 35
  • Restaurant
7 Tigers Resort(Kanha National Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 93
  • Breakfast included
Kanha Village Eco Resort(Kanha National Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 75
US$ 64
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kanha Treasure in Forest(Kanha National Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 48
US$ 32
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsresident elephantlast foreverstar of the showvery special placejabalpur airportgame drivesbirds and animalsspent four nightsearly morningmagical experiencebefore dinnerpacked breakfasttaravolunteersbathdelhiarchie
Reviewed 4 July 2015

We stayed at Kipling Camp during March and almost had the place to ourselves, it was a wonderful experience being on the edge of the Kanha Tiger Reserve this is great for people who enjoy the wonders of nature.
Tara the elephant is resident at the camp and soon becomes your friend allowing you to get in her bathing pool and help wash her down she is a real character and a joy to behold.
The camp its self is excellent, we had a cottage by the waterhole which was wonderful,
just like the `Bloody Mary's' they serve. All the staff were great and could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable, would love to go back.

Room Tip: Waterhole rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RuislipLesley
IvandeKlee, Manager at Kipling Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2016

Thank you for this lovely reviews, sorry for my late response! It was a real pleasure hosting you and we hope to see you soon for another Bloody Mary! Hope to see you soon, and thank you. Ivan

Reviewed 6 May 2015

A place in the midst of nature, close to the tiger reserve. There was a permanent staff taking care of the excellent cottages, serving delicious food (both continental and Indian), as well as one or two young men which made us feel very welcome and put effort into making our stay a pleasant and successful one (like getting tickets for the reserve). There is also a lot of knowledge of nature and tigers especially, since the owner is involved in protecting tigers in India. There's a pool at the border of the area where deer sometimes come to drink, just outside the terrace of some of the cottages. And a daily hightlight was walking with - or on - the elephant and take a bath in the river, and afterwards giving the her a good scrub. An amazing experience.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family

Thank you very much indeed for this kind review, it was great having you to stay. We're so glad the staff (who have all been here for 30 years!) lived up to their experience! Hope to see you again soon. Thanks again. Team Kipling.

Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

My family of 4, with kids age 7 and 5, spent the most magical 4-day holiday at Kipling camp last week. The staff has been very helpful from the point of booking via email, and answering my many questions before the trip. We were met on time at Nagpur by the designated car and welcomed to the camp. Everyone was very friendly and helpful--- from Raghu the assistant manager, the volunteers Rob and Kat ( my kids loved them), Amit from the food team, and the elephant caretakers. They all went out of their way each time to make sure we were comfortable. Our cottage was lovely/-- rustic with a British colonial feel. And so peaceful! The early morning safari trips we took were well organised-- wake-up calls from the staff with hot drinks in the room, blankets in the open-top jeep to keep us warm, breakfasts outdoors, and knowledgeable guides and drivers. The definite highlight of the holiday was Tara the elephant. We fell in love with her! We truly enjoyed our walks to the river to swim with her and wash her. The kids loved being sprayed by Tara! It was such a special time. We all felt really sad when we left-- and we still talk about the holiday days after we got back. If you're looking for a 5-star luxury experience , this probably isn't your place. But if you want an authentic and pleasant wilderness experience that is comfortable, this is the right place. It's not perfect but it's indeed wonderful. We won't hesitate to go back again and recommend this place to anyone, esp those with kids. Definitely one of our best family holidays!

Stayed: April 2015
3  Thank bcw789

We're so glad your family enjoyed their stay. It is always fun having children here - they appreciate everything even more than the adults! Especially with Tara! Come back soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2015

I was nervous about my booking because it was all arranged via email from the US, by myself and not through a travel agent. I was very wrong to be nervous. When I arrived at Jabalpur airport, there was a man waiting for me as promised to drive me to the camp as setup. I was greeted by almost all the staff who introduced themselves, and informed me that my room was upgraded to the suite because it was empty. The facilities were fantastic. Beautiful doesn't do it justice. It is a paradise. The safaris were arranged perfectly, I traveled alone, so I worried also about the booking of those, and they were set up so that I went out with a staff member and a guide for each safari. I did see a Tiger, as well as tons of other wildlife. Just being in the park was worth every penny I paid. The food was hot, delicious and there was plenty of it (I think I gained 10 pounds in the 5 days I stayed there!) Tara was the highlight of the trip. She is the most amazing, gentle, sweet elephant in the world. When the time came to leave, I was almost brought to tears. I would HIGHLY recommend Kipling Camp. I had the time of my life and made memories that I will never forget. I thank everyone there who made it possible, Ivan and Ragu the managers, Rob and Kat the volunteers. From the game drives to bathing Tara, to just sitting around the campfire at night talking, everything was PERFECT!! There were other camps that were cheaper, but I decided to go with Kipling probably because of Tara, and i'm so happy I did, it was worth every penny. I would recommend to anyone who stays there to read the book Travels on my elephant before going, it gives a new meaning to meeting Tara. Thanks again everyone!!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank dszwed87

Dan, was such a massive pleasure hosting you, those sloth bears were amazing! Such a great guest to have to stay - we are awaiting your next visit! Hope all is well back in the US. Thanks for this kind review. Ivan

Reviewed 19 March 2015

It's a camp but it has the comforts of a resort, what more could you ask from a place set on the outskirts of one of the finest forest and game reserves in India.
The layout is wide and open with 2 en suite rooms per cottage spread out between tall tress.
The common sitting and dining area are housed in a high ceiling large structure. This houses the bar as well.
All the buildings are designed and built based on indigenous designs and materials giving the entire property a very comforting, cool and welcoming feel.
Its close to nature and everything blends together seamlessly giving you a feeling that you are living in a dense forest.
It's common for grazing wild life to meander through the property.
There is a large pond which is the regular hang out for the duck family living there.
The staff are very well trained.They work silently and efficiently.
The food is sourced locally so the flavors are big and the meals are very satisfying.
A unique feature is the in-house beauty, Tara. A 50 year old elephant who will steal your heart.
You can pet her, feed her and best of all accompany her to her daily bath, a quick 30 minute walk through the fields to the river. Here you can swim with her and scrub her and feed her treats...you'll never be the same again...!!!
All in all an excellent get away.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
IvandeKlee, General Manager at Kipling Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2015

Dear Sir,

It was our absolute pleasure hosting you and your friends! You were a great bunch and we are so glad that you had a good visit and enjoyed spending time in the Camp and down with Tara.

We hope to see you again soon, and thank you for your photos!

All the best