All reviews free access lovely hotel croissants lake cheese
Reviewed 21 July 2015

We stayed here on the last night of a total of 4 nights in Interlaken West. The other three nights we had spent at an apartment near the Interlaken West station as looking at reviews, we had gathered that planning day trips to Zermatt, Jungfrau, Lauterbrunnen, Murren etc would be difficult from this hotel due to connectivity issues. We had kept an extra day at Interlaken in case of emergency caused due to bad weather! If the weather were fine and we had most of what we had planned, this would be a day off to relax by the Neuhaus beautifully located on the Lake Thun with a great view of mountains! And it went as per our plans. But after the stay, we felt we could have easily added this day to our stay in Lucerne where 2 nights seemed a little less!
We had dinner at the hotel, the ambience was good with exception to few flies disturbing around. Service was not all that good, because we ordered 4 meals out of which only 3 were served. When we reminded again for the fourth order, and we were upset that we had to wait a long time till it was finally served! My son had taken a kids meal of chicken nuggets and fries and was very disappointed to see only 3 nuggets on his plate. I loved the veg soup that I had ordered with cottage cheese wraps and salad! It was more expensive than some other hotels we dined in Lucerne.
We did not get the lake view as requested. There was no airconditioning but a fan was provided because it was quite warm for Interlaken this year and there was no elevator and we had to carry our luggage upto the second floor!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank mistybabu
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

Negatives:
1- they didn't change the bed sheets for the whole stay period.
2- Room service opened the door suddenly without checking if there is anybody in the rooms or not.
3- The laundry of the hotel hang the bed sheets in the hotel garden which doesn't look nice at all.
4- no proper ventilation in the rooms and you cannot open the window because of the insects and flys. No AC in the rooms.
5- No body to help you with your luggage on arrival.
6- Bed is not comfortable at all; the double bed is just a 2 single beds put together.
7- Pillows are not comfortable and you can't ask for more because no body is ready to provide additional service to you.
8- Over priced, we paid Euro 250 per night
9- reception close at 8pm
10- No handle to open the refrigerator
11- Rooms are extremely small for long stay or for a small family. I was with my wife and two small kids and we have 4 bags which make the movement in the room very difficult.
12- Poor internet connection.
AND THE MAJOR NEGATIVE IS:
"The restaurant waitress pushed my 7 years daughter because she took a piece of bread to feed the duck which really made us very upset and shocked from this attitude and I called restraint (old lady) who called the waitress and made her apologize to us because she has no right to push or even touch my daughter for such a small thing. I have seen the same waitress talking in a bad way in the previous day to one of the customers who changed his table from inside to outside the restaurant and I saw her was talking to him in a strange way which you don't see it in any restaurant or hotel in the world. I forgot the name of this waitress whose hair is short and she is in the 40s, other staff are nice specially the Spanish girl."

Positives:
1- Location of the hotel is amazing direct on the lake with a big garden which gives you the felling of the countryside.
2- Amazing view and area for the kids to play and feel free to move around.
3- parking is specious and free just in front of your room
4- Free bus and boat ride from and to the city (5 minutes by bus & 25 minutes by boat) which is very comfortable for the people who doesn't have their own cars.
5- Breakfast is good but not rich

Location of the hotel has two sides:
No nearby supermarkets or restaurants or any service so you have to go to the city which is about 3 km for getting your stuff, but at the same time it is quite and averagely far from the city which will give you a quite and nice stay.

Stayed: June 2015
2  Thank Ahmed A
Reviewed 25 May 2015

Hotel about 5mls from Interlaken on Lake Thun. Difficult to get there by public transport, buses are only ever 30 or 60 mins from Interlaken and stop at 19:10.
Hotel very quiet and pleasant, nice rooms in annex. Excellent breakfast buffet and also evening meals available.
Should be able to get ferry service to Thun or Interlaken at the hotel but due to high water levels (nearly up to door of hotel) all services were suspended early May.
Good hotel for watersports or golfing in the right conditions

Room Tip: any room should be quiet
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

On landing interlaken we took bus no 21 from the main station to this hotel and got down at Neuhaus stop which was just outside the hotel. The hotel looked beautiful and had a lovely waterfront of lake thun.

We checked in room no 18 and we were told that we would get nice view room but I was very disappointed as this room did not have any mountain view nor lake view. I did not bother to fight with the staff and argue over it. Otherwise the room was excellent and spacious and looked like a cave room. The bathroom too was spacious.

Everyday the rooms were cleaned on time and at night we came back to a perfect looking room after leaving it messy.

The girls at the reception were nice and helped us with planning our visit to zermat and also helped us with the update of the weather and as to the right day to visit jungfrau -top of Europe.

Breakfast spread was ok with options for breads, jams, cheese. Less options of fruits. Actually me being a vegetarian I found the breakfast ok but otherwise looked decent.
The lady staff at the breakfast section was really sweet.

One night I happened to ask at the restaurant if I could borrow two wine glasses and they were kind to help.

The hotel offers few water activities too but we were short of time and weather also was bad so we didn't indulge in the same.

The hotel gives a guest card to their guests for free access of the bus and boat which can take one to interlaken west and back. The boat service frequency is less and bus frequency is every one hour.

You can borrow an umbrella from the reception if the weather is bad. Also they arranged a wake up call for us On request so I was really happy with their service.

The only one disadvantage of this hotel is that the last bus to this hotel from the west station is at 7ish which is too early. So it means that you have to have your dinner around 6 ish in the city and get back to the hotel or other option is at night take a taxi to the hotel from int west station which will cost 20-25 franc to Neuhaus. Also option would be to dine at the hotel itself which is very expensive.

All in all we spend 3 nights here and was one of the best days of my trip. Would love to come back again. :-))

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

It was a nice place to stay, next to lake and so green .... Rooms are not comfortable but can adjust if it's not a family ..... Bus facility is limited how ever it's 2.8 kms from Interlaken west. People who want to go to near by places can stay here and enjoy

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends