2,299 results
All reviews jean louis interlaken west station every morning croissants home away from home felt like home train tickets family run hotel co op bread quiet location few minutes walk coop supermarket tea and coffee wonderful hotel breakfast room swiss alps
Reviewed 4 April 2010

I have been to Interlaken with my wife to spend the Easter holidays. Interlaken is "THE" most beautiful place I have ever been to. For those (specially couples and families) who are traveling to Interlaken and are looking for a good hotel we highly recommend Hotel Rössli. I appreciate the hospitality shown by the Admirat Family and making our stay comfortable. I have never experienced such a friendly reception and service before. The rooms are comfortable, good Breakfast offered, bathrooms/WC are maintained clean. The bottom line is a very good hotel at affordable price.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Our stay in Switzerland was made all the more sweet by our experinece at the Hotel Rossli, Interlaken. Advice, service, friendliness and humour were in abundance throughout and as a result we were able to both relax and make the most of our time in the area.
When many attractions were closing for a break pre the Winter season onslaught, our hosts were able to point out where to go and how to get there.
Many thanks.
Paul

Date of stay: October 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I think I will never forget my beautiful experience in Hotel Rossli. In my opinion, hotel is a place where I pay a certain amount of money and get a place to sleep. There is nothing more than that. But the less than 12 hours stayed in this hotel changed my opinion totally. A hotel can be a home, as they offered the best service and treat every customer as their friends. Jean-Louis, the owner of the hotel, is such a nice person. He has a kind of magic to make a simple breakfast to become one of the most unforgetable breakfast in my life and make people feel happy in the whole day. I am so regret that I didn't stay there for longer time. If I have got another chance to go to Swiss again, I must go to Interlaken not for the beautiful mountains but for the nice people in Rossli.
In my eyes, this hotel is much better than lots of so call 5-star hotel as it is not like a hotel, but a home of my friend.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2010

The Rossli is a lovely family hotel. We had a wonderful stay there and hope to come back again one day. We woudn't stay anywhere else in Interlaken.

Rated as a 2 star - but facilities and service were well above this. Very clean, homely feel, excellent breakfast and great location (only a couple of minutes walk from Interlaken West railway station and the supermarket)

We were made to feel very welcome and instead of being treated as a valued guest, we were treated as a valued friend.

Thanks again Jean-Louis and Christopher!

Reviewed 29 March 2010

I thought I would try and beat the British ‘winter blues’ by returning to the hotel Rössli which is conveniently situated, just a five minute walk from Interlaken West railway station in Unterseen, a quieter district of Interlaken. The very warm welcome from Jean-Louis and his son Christopher amply compensated for the lower ambient air temperatures! Also, winter time is low season in Interlaken with correspondingly lower hotel prices, unlike the nearby (approximately 45min by train/ski bus) ski resorts of Wengen, Grindelwald and Murren. However, for non-skiers like me there are many compacted snow paths providing beautiful and leisurely walks in the local area.
Near the hotel is a Post Office, bank with ATM, pharmacy, newsagent, Pizzeria (at very reasonable prices) and nearby is the local Co-op which has a good range of fruit, drinks, sandwiches and snacks suitable for sustaining energy levels in the mountains.
Although the hotel is only rated as a 2 star, Jean-Louis and his son Christopher (who speaks 6 languages) provide the kind of service that treats you as a friend, rather than a customer. Nothing ever seems to be too much trouble, whether its advice on excursions, providing train tickets, or just checking on your welfare, they both provide exemplary, friendly and informative service.
This is characterised at breakfast time when Jean-Louis will greet his guests with ‘good morning my people’, circulate the tables, dispensing pearls of humour in multiple languages and provide ample re-fills of fresh tea or coffee, whilst tempting his guests to try his home made yoghurt, or to just have another croissant!
Rooms at the Rössli are simply furnished, cosy, clean and comfortable with satellite TV, en-suite facilities and my room had a balcony with good views of the Jungfrau Massif. Wi-Fi is available in all rooms at a small extra charge.
In the 1st floor lounge there is a coin operated 24 hour internet facility as well as a children’s play corner and a good range of videos/DVDs for your entertainment. Jean-Louis has also created a small library and games facility in the ground floor lounge.
Between 14.00 and 23.00 you can use the free tea making service. It’s also possible to bring in fast foods and eat them on the terrace or in the cosy lounge and they have plates, cutlery and a microwave oven available for their guests. If you prefer to eat out, Jean-Louis and Christopher will recommend local restaurants/fast food outlets to suit your needs.
The hotel also has a coin operated washing machine/dryer and there’s free car parking for guests.
The Rössli hotel offers remarkable flexibility for its guests and a standard of caring service that few 5 star hotels can match, at a price that is good value, even in these difficult financial times.
I will return!