“Dinner at Restaurant Baren”
Review of Restaurant Baren

Restaurant Baren
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Unterseen
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

This is my first time dinning at the restaurant Baren. I had a veal dish with a cream sauce and potatoes. I was surprised how fast the meal was served. I am not complaining just an observation. I opted not to have a salad since I had a late lunch. In hindsight sight I should have had the salad. The meal was good a vegetable would have been even better. One thing, I noticed that all the restaurants serve bottle water. The water in Switzerland is vey good, much better than the states. I thought I was served tap water since it was in a carafe but I was wrong when the bill came. There are many things on the menu and this is one of the top restaurant in Interlaken. Sorry no sweets this time. Enjoy!

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I ordered the trout dinner. Nowhere on the menu does it say the fish has A LOT of bones in it. The waitress failed to tell me as well. It wasn’t until the fourth bite i realized it had the bones and had to pick them out myself. Normally it wouldn’t have been a problem but the fact that they don’t tell you is my issue. These bones can perforate an organ. (I’m a nurse, I’ve seen this happen). This is a consumer safety issue. When i brought it up to the waitress, she ultimately just brushed it off. The ambience is nice and the rest of the food we ordered was okay.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We stumbled on this place while wandering round the old town in Interlaken this evening. It proved to be excellent in all respects. Good food, good service, reasonable prices (for Switzerland). Specialises in local cuisine. We had the fondue (SFR 46 for the two of us - potatoes an extra SFR 2.50). Really excellent coffee. It was very full (always a good sign) with quite a few locals, as far as I could tell, in addition to tourists. A good place for families, including small children. Very many thanks to all the staff there for a pleasant evening. Recommended. Reservations probably a good idea in view of its popularity, though we didn't see anyone actually turned away this evening.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I visited here the other night and had a great meal. We arrived at around 18:00 without a reservation and were lucky enough to get a table. I highly recommend making a reservation as there weren’t many unreserved tables.

The staff were quite good. They all spoke excellent English and took great care of us.

We ordered the basic cheese fondue, the kids chicken nugget meal and the schnitzel.

The menu didn’t specify what sides came with the schnitzel and my meal arrived with French fries though I would have preferred spaetzel. The fries were excellent (maybe the best I’ve ever had) but I still had visions of my meal coming with spaetzel.

It would have been nice if the staff to advise of that option.

The food was great, as was the authentic feeling atmosphere!

I forgot my wallet and had to go back to the hotel. The staff were really great about it and allowed me to go get it without too much concern.

I highly recommend you dine here when in Interlaken. It’s fabulous.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We walk across the two charming canal to see a beautiful log cabin with good food. Fondue is great, stylish dinning room and good services, just a few minutes walk from Interlaken West Station.