1,085 results
All reviews afternoon tea soft play leisure facilities swimming pool changing rooms steam room log fire excellent facilities changing area spa area my mum food was lovely lovely hotel birthday treat from start to finish full scottish breakfast overnight stay
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I came here a few weeks ago for an overnight stay with my girlfriend. It's not easy to find (even on the sat nav) and the rooms haven't been decorated since the early nineties. The location is nice and quiet and there are a lot of leisure facilities (although they are fairly small). However, the food was pretty good and the staff were lovely.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
bowfieldhotel, General Manager at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Thank you for your comments following your stay.

Our rooms were refurbished this year, so I am not sure when you stayed, and they look fantastic. I would also like to know where you would find larger leisure facilities in a hotel in Scotland?

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our food and staff, they are very much appreciated.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

I attended a wedding reception on Saturday and loved the country feel the venue has. You can smell the wood burning fire which gave a lovely feel. What stood out for me most was the lovely girl Amy who served us all night, she was very attentive and could not do enough for us.

1  Thank nichola424

Thank you very much for your kind comments, our all team, especially Amy very much appreciate these.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Unfortunately, my mother took ill not long after we arrived at the hotel so we didn't have the opportunity to sample and enjoy the evening meal we had paid for. However, hotel refurbished to a high standard (still ongoing), including the leisure suite which was lovely and relaxing. Room very comfortable with quality fittings, bedding and towels. Breakfast was excellent. Staff were wonderful when my mum took ill especially the incredibly thoughtful receptionist who realised I did not know the area at all and was unsure about driving the road in the dark whilst trying to reassure my dad. She drove all the way from the hotel the the hospital car park so that I could follow her in my car and did not get lost en route.
look forward to the next stay but with a little less drams!!

Room tip: booked two rooms; one larger than the other had bath and shower the other shower only; check if you have a preference
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks very much for your extremely kind comments following your visit. We do look forward very much to your return visit.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Just returned from an overnight stay with our daughter and our two granddaughters, overall I was quite impressed by the Bowfield, the hotel rooms have all been renovated to an excellent standard and the spa was fabulous, nicely equipped gym, good pool with spa bath and steam and sauna facilities to round off a wee workout. The only downside was waiting till just after 3pm to book in with kids becoming a wee bit restless. I would certainly return, and should also mention the lovely meal we had in the restaurant.

Room tip: Any of the refurbished rooms would be fine
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
bowfieldhotel, General Manager at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

What a great day spent chilled out poolside with sauna,steam room and jacuzzi to keep us going.... booked via a groupon voucher including a back neck and shoulder massage... Vicky the therapist was lovely and knew exactly what she was doing. Salon was lovely & welcoming. Afternoon tea was lovely, staff were spot on. Definitely be back. My friend enjoyed her birthday treat... thank you

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your extremely kind comments.

Your comments are welcomed by the whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.