“Brilliant weekend”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Ship Inn

Bedroom 7
Bedroom 8
Bedroom 9
Bedroom 10
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

York, United Kingdom
“Brilliant weekend”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

We just came back from a long weekend at The Ship inn, there were 32 of us all ages celebrating my 60th Birthday, WOW!!! What can I say the house is lovely, so big, The kids just loved the Dormitory, The pool table was loved by everyone, we partied for 3 nights having taking a box of wigs and fancy dress outfits had such a laugh, my feet ache from all the dancing, The cinema screen was amazing , The massive kitchen was great, me and my sister cooked Sunday dinner for everyone, was great having all my family sat together what a treat, Plenty of parking, There was a bookies over the road, had lovely Saturday afternoon, so funny some of the ladies had never been in a bookies before going backwards and forwards placing bets, was such fun watching the races on the big screen in the lounge do the cheers when someone won. the house is very spacious, clean with plenty of bedding, Towels, Cooking utensils etc. close to all amenities, shops, beach,take always, we ordered a Big delivery from asda to be delivered directly to the house to save taking it with us, That came on time which was great. We will definitely be returning as nobody wanted to leave, Thank you to mark for giving me the opportunity to get all my lovely family together....
See you soon

20 Feb 2014
Thank you Sheila for your kind words and I am thrilled you and your lovely family used the time so wisely (at the bookies!) and had a great bonding experience! You woud be more than welcome back any time you wish (or you could try the new one we are currently refurbing down the road in Penmaenmawr! Look forward to speaking again. mark
Lottie J
Warrington, United Kingdom
“AMAZING! Fabulous time had be all, couldnt reccomend it more!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

What can I say about our long weekend at the 'Ship' apart from Fabulous! We were there celebrating my mums 60th birthday and the Ship was beyond anything we could have asked for! Firstly, its HUGE! and there was more than enough space for our group. Great space downstairs to party for a special occasion as well as very comfy sofas to relax on the day after! The bedrooms are huge and very comfy, and plenty of bedding to go round! Mark was great on the lead up to our trip answering any questions I had as well as when we were there too! the kitchen is fully stocked for all your needs and both fridges came in handy for food and drink! Thanks again Mark, we will be back!

Travelling group: Large Group
19 Feb 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words, they are appreciated!
Mark
sarahscho...
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fab time had by all!!!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

The ship is an excellent house for a large group get together. It is extremely well equipped and had everything we could have wish for. There was 30 of us for my 50th birthday of varying ages from 16 months to 70 years and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. We would definitely recommend this brilliant house to anybody and would love to go back there in the future!!! Thank you very much Mark.

Travelling group: Extended Family
31 Jan 2014
Thank you very much for those kind words. There is much work goes on behind the scenes and it is hearing that it makes a difference to special occasions in peoples lives that make it all worth while. Hope to see you all again in the future. Mark
KellyW20
“Family Xmas Party”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

Great facilities in a great location. We had 4 children aged 3-7 who loved it and refused to leave the house. The second living room and all the toys and games provided made it a haven for them. Showers were really powerful and the bath is amazing. Christmas decorations were a total surprise and really made our Christmas celebration an unforgettable one

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
6 Jan 2014
Thanks Kathryn. You have my lovely cleaning team to thank for putting up all the decorations and indeed even old scrooge that I am got in the festive spirit when I was there! Anyway thrilled you had a ball and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Mark
Carole L
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Just Brilliant”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

I would personally dismiss the previous review on this property as I found none of what was complained about to be truthful, the complaint regarding cleanliness is not only unjustified but I would regard it as a personal slur to the owner and to the team of ladies he has to clean and make the property comfortable.
I am a well seasoned traveler and stay in hotels and rental accommodation every week of the year so see everything from 2* to 5* and this property certainly deserves a 5*.
The lounge and kitchen area are more than adequate offering space and comfort for your every need. There were 26 in our party and every single person from the ages of 64 down to 3 had a totally fantastic weekend. There is enough room in the kitchen for everybody to be seated at once and thanks to the great chip shop directly opposite meal times were quick and easy, there are enough plates, cutlery and glass's for everybody and all match which is an exception in holiday rentals where some owners feel it's ok to just put bric a brac in. The beds are top quality and offer a full orthopedic mattress ensuring a good nights sleep with perfectly plump pillows and comfortable bed linen. Towels are provided, both hand and bath with extra's in the linen cupboard should you need more. The lounge is fantastic offering a projector showing Sky TV (big hit for Sat Football) a music system, TV, DVD 4 sofa's and a chair. The pool area was a big bonus and killer pool was a great laugh. We had two great party nights to celebrate my **th birthday and cannot recommend this property enough. The house is a short walk to the beach, even in November you can walk off the cobwebs and go hunting in the rock pools, there is a CO-OP directly opposite should you need any provisions, a great bakers only a few shops along, Morrisons is 2 mins in the car so all your party ice etc can be bought there, LLandudno and Conwy are a short drive away and for those people who like the outdoor life Snowdonia is maybe 20 mins in the car. We as a family and individually with other friends will be returning to The Ship-------JUST BRILLIANT-------

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Just about everything.
Liked least: Going home and having to go to work the next day!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
10 Nov 2013
Carole,
THank you so much for your glowing review. I am thrilled and I know Eleanor will be especially pleased as punch with your feedback on her efforts that so easily go overlooked. Thx again.
Mark
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing