“Not impressed!”

Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2016

We waited over ten minutes for somebody to take our drinks orders which was not acceptable as the restaurant was virtually empty. I Ordered the pork medallions as the Sunday Lunch option. The roast potatoes were barely warm and there was a ball of undercooked sage and onion stuffing which was quite frankly inedible. After waiting over forty five minutes for the food to arrive this was not worth the wait!
Two members of the party ordered steak and were happy enough with theirs but my mother also ordered a roast chicken lunch and she was very disappointed as her food was also barely warm and the 'homemade' gravy was thin and watery. I will not be going out of my way to return any time soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2016

We had a great evening in the Portrait House, good food and service. Our 9 year old was very complimentary about her chicken and fries. I enjoyed the fillet steak as did our friends. A few beers and a few bottles of wine to wash it down. The restaurant arranged for our taxis at closing time. Worth a visit, I hope the new owner can maintain the standard.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

The greeting as you walk in is very welcoming, the music is quiet and not obtrusive,a really nice atmospher. The staff are very attentive but not imposing. The food is just wonderful, cooked just how you like it, nothing is not to much trouble. (I'm a fussy eater) the staff don't hurry you, so you can have a good breather between courses. Overall a really good night.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

It has been quite a while since I have struggled for words to describe a food experience!
Last night though, the food did all the talking.
The staff made us feel welcome, the attentive service was excellent throughout and the atmosphere and ambience added to the evening.
It was the quality of food that was the star of the show however;
Freshly prepared tortilla chips with tasty home-made dips - Amazing.
Field mushrooms served with feta cheese and parsnip crisps - Perfectly balanced sour cheese and sweet accompaniment.
Sweet pea risotto - Disappeared too quickly.
And the star of the show - Lamb Sizzler served with couscous - There is no way that I can possibly do this dish justice with superlatives. It was truly something special and should be experienced. The quality of chef shone through and the entire kitchen staff must be congratulated on their efforts. Despite a very busy Friday night service they produced food of the highest quality that can only be described as "Fine dining".
Thank you.

1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Expensive with average food. Good service. It's an ok place to eat, a nice venu, decent menu but afraid nothing special.