“'Blue Saffron' will shortly be renamed 'Eastern Spice'”
Review of Blue Saffron - CLOSED

Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have Now Changed our name from Blue Saffron to Eastern Spice We are an Indain Restaurant & Takeaway delivering to a wide area Rickmansworth, Maple Cross , Northwood, Chorleywood, Croxley Green. We also cater for all functins and bookings and can provide different options of meals for large bookings.
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I popped into this Restaurant on my way home on Friday evening and wanted to share my findings. The Restaurant will be changing its name to 'Eastern Spice' in the next few weeks and is in the process of adopting a 'New Menu' as it is under new ownership. I thought this was the case when I visited last month and I was told the menu is much better value as the majority of dishes as well as wines have been reduced in price. I had come in to take a collection home and spent a while discussing with the new proprietor their ideas for the new business. They were very keen on growing the collection and delivery business and specifically focusing on speed and reliability of service but without compromising on quality. Whilst I was talking to them they very kindly brought me a couple of the starter dishes to try 'gratis' and I can really recommend the 'Sweet Chilli Poneer' made with Home made Indian Cheese which was absolutley delicious. If you like heat in your food this certainly had the kick from the tiny green Chillies but was offset with a wonderful sweetness. I took home a Meat Madras which equally had some great heat but not so much that it detracted from the lovely flavour of the sauce. I think the new management will bring a fresh impetus to this business and will be a wonderful addition for the people of the surrounding area of Mill End, Maple Cross, Rickmansworth, Chorleywood and Croxley Green. I think they even mentioned they may be looking to expand the delivery business to Northwood in the future. Inside the Restaurant it is still as cosy as ever and all the facilities are extremely clean. Would certainly recommend highly. They have also recently had Cobra beer installed on pump something that I was unable to take full advantage of as I was driving!!!

1  Thank Russell H

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Nice indain restaurant good food and service we visit this restaurant atleast once a month and we can't fault it on any visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Service is excellent, not like some other places where half the staff don't understand orders or English for that matter. Service is quick and made to order.

Food is full of flavour and excellent value for money, me and my friends had no problems in our meal. Would recommend anyone to try the place out, specially if your going in groups.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I went hear with a large group we all had orderd different dishes and every one of us commented on how good the food was the service was just perfect they not pushy with drinks or anything all our food came out at the same time. They were fairly busy but service didn't slack saw few new faces in there I think the place is under new management must say they are doing a great job.

1  Thank max a
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Visited recently and found it to be extremely friendly, food was excellent and they also deliver to a wide area. They mentioned they may be making some alterations soon and also introducing a an updated menu with some additional choices.

Would recommend highly and will be visiting again very soon.

3  Thank Russell H