Trehellas House
TripAdvisor
Travelodge Wadebridge(Wadebridge)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
Travelodge
All reviewscoach housemain buildingcourtroom suitequiet hotelfillet steakcomfortable bedevening meal and breakfastcooked foodoutdoor poolstayed for one nightroad noisepreservesvisiting cornwallsunday lunchport isaacbreakfast was excellentdouble room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We visited here recently with friends. We only had starters and main courses but there was a good choice. The food was very nice but my husband's choice of steak and chips was disappointing, the steak was very tasty and cooked to his liking but was let down by the accompanying chips. They were catering chips which I would not have expected from an establishment where everthing else was of a high standard. Waiting staff were attentive and helpful when we asked for an amendment to one dish. Will visit again and recommend to friends but will avoind the chips next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2012

One night stay on a B&B deal. Lovely old building and our room was very comfortable. Staff very pleasant and helpful about the local area. Very handy for the local attractions. We went to the Camel Valley vineyard. We had a very nice dinner in the restaurant and they have a good wine list including some of the local wines. An enjoyable experience and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Spent two nights on a bed and breakfast deal at the end of January 2012. The hotel is situated ideally for trips out to Padstowe and surrounding area, but you really have to travel to have a day out. Staff were all polite friendly and helpful. We had the set meal on the first night & it was very good - wish I'd booked in for dinner as teh food did seem to be well received by most and the deal on offer was pretty good. The breakfasts were good too, liked the home made preserves by "granny" and it was no problem asking for more toast etc.
We tried the pub up the road on Saturday night and were a bit disappointed - probably because it was virtually empty and the food was pretty ordinary.
Trehallas was relaxed, clean, friendly - the bed was comfortable and the linen felt luxurious. My advice would be look for dinner Bed & breakfast deals - days out on the coast & back for relaxation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Stayed here for one night in January 2012 on business and it was perfect. No faults at all! The hotel is full of character in a lvoely old building, with low ceilings and slate floors. I was in the Courtroom Suite, which was huge. Plenty of hote water, lovely warm room, and the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in ever, I think. I slept really well.

Evening meal was excellent, wine really good, and breakfast also very good. The staff were very attentive, and were good enough to amend my dinner request to something not quuite on the menu. I paid £50 on expedia, but would have paid up to £100 for this standard. Paid £150 to stay in the Holiday Inn in Plymouth, albeit in the height of summer, and Trehellas was far superior. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Courtroom Suite was HUGE!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We have stayed here 6 times in the past year whlist having some building work done on our own property nearby and also have eaten in the restaurant on many occasions, last time on New Year's Day 2012 for lunch.

Excellent in every respect, friendly and helpful hosts, clean and comfortable accomodation, excellent food both at dinner and beakfast. I can especially recommend the bouillabaisse - my favourite.

Room Tip: We liked Padstow, but stayed in several others and all good.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple