Review Highlights
Enjoyable couple of hours

This was our visit having stumbled across it online and realising it was only twenty minutes from... read more

Reviewed 1 September 2018
CupcakeW
Sheffield, United Kingdom
via mobile
FURNITURE HUNTING

This mill is just amazing for browsing or buying - mainly furniture. Always so much to see, and a... read more

Reviewed 1 March 2018
Rowena120
Huddersfield, United Kingdom

All reviews red brick top floor great shopping experience contemporary dining amazing furniture second floor great place on display cake few times friendly staff ideas products quality cafes browse items
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Having lived in Leeds previously we used to drive over for a wander, get ideas and have lunch. I had no idea dogs were allowed or we might have brought our well behaved GSP along.

On this occasion there was nothing which really stood out as wow for my husband or I. It was a little disappointing. I did wonder perhaps they have new buyers in some departments as taste of some
Items left much to be desired. I used to like the cafe on top floor but it closed down. Will it be replaced?

The Red Brick Mill is great for ideas and buying the same products elsewhere if you can’t afford the prices. I got the mirror I was after with next day delivery from Fife for £150 cheaper!

The top floor was poor unless you wanted a sofa. We already bought one for kitchen diner area. The gallery area didn’t have many pictures we liked. Compared to
a few years ago there were many dotted around the mill too.

Staff weren’t as terrible as the lady in another review wrote. Some smiled and acknowledged you. On previous visit they have been helpful when I have made enquiries about items on show.

Hopefully next visit will be a better one.

1  Thank Chopalina
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Two issues, one minor, one major.
Minor - irritated that it was not made clear that we needed to pay for items in each department separately. This involved traipsing back round the store to pay for items we had picked up and we did abandon a couple of purchases.
Major - We made a small purchase in the 'Ice' department. I went to pay on my debit card and the lady took it off me and did a contactless payment. I said I did not want to do contactless, it is not a form of payment I like and the assistant just shrugged.
I left it at that as it was only a small payment. As we were leaving the store I checked my receipt as I still felt uncomfortable that I had not seen the amount taken on my card. I did not have a card machine receipt, only a till receipt which said I had paid cash. Still being concerned about what had been put through on my card I had a word with the desk at the front door. They did not see a problem with this but went up to the department to check and came back saying it was ok. I still did not have my card receipt and said I needed this. I was then taken back up to the department where a song and dance was made out of the fact I wanted a card receipt. I did insist on this and left with one.
THE ATTITUDE DISPLAYED TO ME WAS THAT I WAS AN IRRITATION TO THEM, BOTH RECEPTION STAFF AND ICE STAFF. I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW THEY DEAL WITH A CUSTOMER WITH BIGGER PROBLEMS THAN THE ISSUES I FACED IN GETTING A CARD RECEIPT TO PROVE THE PAYMENT I HAD MADE WAS TAKEN CORRECTLY.
I understand (though am not certain) that staff may not process a contactless payment, certainly not without me seeing the amount going through.
Be very careful with your credit / debit card here.

3  Thank MADELEINE C
Redbrickmill, Retail Operations at Redbrick Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Madeleine

Thank you for your feedback. At Redbrick we take our customer service very seriously and we would like to speak with you if there has been any shortfall in the service during your visit. Please could you contact us on reception@redbrickmill.co.uk and let us know the date and approximate time of your visit and Redbrick’s Retail Operations Manager will contact you directly.

With Thanks

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We called into the Sofas and stuff department to find out about some fabric we wanted to purchase, well when we asked for the relevant information this woman with short reddish brown hair barked at us with a disgusting attitude "you'll have to go on line to find out" then continued to turn her back on us, eat her lunch and start ranting down the telephone to someone extremely loudly for us all to hear.
Needless to say walked away, now for a place that prides it's self on high end products then I think they should do the Same with its staff because if that kind of treatment is considered acceptable then we won't be using the place to furnish our new barn conversion.

4  Thank Chris A
RedbrickAdmin, Retail Operations at Redbrick Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Chris
Thank you for your feedback. At Redbrick we take our customer service very seriously and we would like to speak with you if there has been any shortfall in the service during your visit. Please could you contact us on reception@redbrickmill.co.uk and Redbrick’s Retail Operations Manager will contact you directly.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

A lovely venue with ample free parking, a good variety of eateries and all in all a great shopping experience.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Redbrick Mill is a great place although the products can be quite expensive, but we were looking for a couple of statement pieces for our new extension and found just what we were looking for.