Review Highlights
Nice place

Lots of lovely items. Beautiful furniture but quite expensive we found. It's a must to visit at... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Gillian S
Batley, United Kingdom
via mobile
Enjoyable couple of hours

This was our visit having stumbled across it online and realising it was only twenty minutes from... read more

Reviewed 1 September 2018
CupcakeW
Sheffield, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews well worth a visit red brick top floor great shopping experience contemporary dining amazing furniture second floor on display cake friendly staff ideas products cafes browse items sofa store
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Two issues, one minor, one major.
Minor - irritated that it was not made clear that we needed to pay for items in each department separately. This involved traipsing back round the store to pay for items we had picked up and we did abandon a couple of purchases.
Major - We made a small purchase in the 'Ice' department. I went to pay on my debit card and the lady took it off me and did a contactless payment. I said I did not want to do contactless, it is not a form of payment I like and the assistant just shrugged.
I left it at that as it was only a small payment. As we were leaving the store I checked my receipt as I still felt uncomfortable that I had not seen the amount taken on my card. I did not have a card machine receipt, only a till receipt which said I had paid cash. Still being concerned about what had been put through on my card I had a word with the desk at the front door. They did not see a problem with this but went up to the department to check and came back saying it was ok. I still did not have my card receipt and said I needed this. I was then taken back up to the department where a song and dance was made out of the fact I wanted a card receipt. I did insist on this and left with one.
THE ATTITUDE DISPLAYED TO ME WAS THAT I WAS AN IRRITATION TO THEM, BOTH RECEPTION STAFF AND ICE STAFF. I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW THEY DEAL WITH A CUSTOMER WITH BIGGER PROBLEMS THAN THE ISSUES I FACED IN GETTING A CARD RECEIPT TO PROVE THE PAYMENT I HAD MADE WAS TAKEN CORRECTLY.
I understand (though am not certain) that staff may not process a contactless payment, certainly not without me seeing the amount going through.
Be very careful with your credit / debit card here.

3  Thank MADELEINE C
Redbrickmill, Retail Operations at Redbrick Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Madeleine

Thank you for your feedback. At Redbrick we take our customer service very seriously and we would like to speak with you if there has been any shortfall in the service during your visit. Please could you contact us on reception@redbrickmill.co.uk and let us know the date and approximate time of your visit and Redbrick’s Retail Operations Manager will contact you directly.

With Thanks

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We called into the Sofas and stuff department to find out about some fabric we wanted to purchase, well when we asked for the relevant information this woman with short reddish brown hair barked at us with a disgusting attitude "you'll have to go on line to find out" then continued to turn her back on us, eat her lunch and start ranting down the telephone to someone extremely loudly for us all to hear.
Needless to say walked away, now for a place that prides it's self on high end products then I think they should do the Same with its staff because if that kind of treatment is considered acceptable then we won't be using the place to furnish our new barn conversion.

4  Thank Chris A
RedbrickAdmin, Retail Operations at Redbrick Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Chris
Thank you for your feedback. At Redbrick we take our customer service very seriously and we would like to speak with you if there has been any shortfall in the service during your visit. Please could you contact us on reception@redbrickmill.co.uk and Redbrick’s Retail Operations Manager will contact you directly.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

A lovely venue with ample free parking, a good variety of eateries and all in all a great shopping experience.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Redbrick Mill is a great place although the products can be quite expensive, but we were looking for a couple of statement pieces for our new extension and found just what we were looking for.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Overall a mixed review based on both the customer service and also the cafe papiyon. Such a great addition to the mill. The price is reasonable and the lunch we had was more than filling. The waitresses were absolutely charming.
on a more serious note, for the past few months i have been visiting a mill in search for dining furniture and sofas. My wife and I entered the building and the first store we visited had great range. It was italian furniture and on closer inspection the quality is what you were paying for. The prices with out a doubt reflected on this.
The lady that spoke to us was seemingly nice when we first met, showing us options for the glass table and chairs we liked. I emailed the lady a few times showing my interest in a sofa and dining furniture and received a couple of vague responses. I emailed a couple more times for prices and was ignored. I have been to the mill since then and have seen the same person working, so unless the emails were not received, I do not understand why my request was some what rejected. The ignorance did make me steer clear so i did take my business elsewhere. Such a shame to have spent £11000 on products at Christopher Pratts when Red Brick Mill had some great products on show.
Would definitely shop at Red Brick Mill again but for me and my wife, customer service is key to getting sales.

Date of experience: July 2017