“Look somewhere else!”
Review of Royal Hotel

Royal Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Purfleet B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed recently, no heating in room & it's mid-October!! Very dusty & drab rooms which aggravated my chest!! Restaurant had a blip....so had to either order a take-away or dine out... where in Purfleet can you dine? Luckily we found a lovely Indian restaurant & taxi firm!! So no I won't stay again & nor will I recommend it!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry E
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Royal Hotel

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Myself and my partner stay in this hotel few times always well look after by the staff.Rooms are a bit tired but you can not complaint us the place is cheap and cheerful. We always had good night sleep comfy bed clean linen.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

We pre-booked and paid for our room online, and on the day we tried to call to discuss our check in, as we were going to be arriving late at night. However, after several attempts no one picked up the phone. We then arrived at night after the wedding we had attended, only to find that there where no staff (not even at the reception) to check us in. It turned out that they had all gone home. Meaning I had to drive back up north extremely tired. I rang the next day to request a refund, I was greeted by a rude / abrupt / unhelpful / dismissive staff member. Anyway we were later told by the manager that she can't refund me my money. I had a frustrating and terrible experience, and my advice to anyone would be to avoid this hotel at all cost! Pay extra if you have to, and stay somewhere more reliable for your peace of mind.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Used to come to this pub/Hotel back in the seventies and eighties so thought we would give it a try for a couple of drinks as it has a great location next to the river, thoughts of how it was in it's heyday where the place was busy with families and a great restaurant serving good food with a carvery at weekends and well tended outside areas well you could relax and enjoy the views were quickly dispersed the moment we arrived ! The bar had the usual idiots and lowlife who seemed to have cropt up all over the Southeast in the last ten years. We thought that we would try and escape to the garden but this was ruined by the state of the place with beer cans strewn all over the uncut lawn. After ten minutes three louts on trial bikes roared up and ruined that idea, all in all it is a shame how this once proud hotel has been run down and allowed to be over-run with undesirables.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere !
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I'm not one to complain but the staff are rather rude, my room hasn't been serviced in 2 days, and I'm staying for 4 nights... I've had to ask for clean towels, tea, milk etc every day as well as clean towels, emptied my own bin and put it in the skip outside! The shower leaks all over the floor in the bathroom, it's dirty, everything is broken, even the window locks, I went for food this evening (Sunday) in the restaurant, well tried, at 18:50, was told the restaurant shut at 7pm, asked about a gluten free menu/option and they said we don't do that so you'll have to go elsewhere... I told them it was a shame they felt the need to treat me like that as I was staying here but will not be eating here for the rest of my stay, I also told them about the shower etc and I got, "we will fix it Tuesday when you leave..." There's people outside smoking weed and my room stinks of it, I'm on the top floor and can still smell it... I know it's just a place to stay while I work but it's somewhere you wouldn't want to stay... People also outside on the grassed area in the day doing wheel spins in their cars, playing loud music and motor bikes and quads racing up and down a public footpath outside the windows... Not good... Not impressed, I'd rather sleep in my car than here again! I'm a contractor and work have been informed, I hope o don't have to stay here in the future... I even asked to move rooms and got "we are fully booked sorry" which I don't believe for a moment... After all, who'd want to stay here!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Purfleet
2.7 km away
6.1 km away
Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock
Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock
#1 of 1 in North Stifford

Been to Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK