Sandgate Hotel
US$ 99
US$ 96
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 139/night.

US$ 96
US$ 78
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 98/night.

US$ 122
US$ 117
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 132/night.

Seabrook House(Hythe)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 61/night.

Carlton Hotel(Folkestone)
US$ 61
US$ 56
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea frontlovely hotela bit tiredwould stay againstayed here for one nightlilytlckenttunneldover
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We were concerned about the car parking,but we found the hotel has parking at the back for about three cars so we parked there if this is not possible you can park on the main road with no restrictions. Our room was at the rear over looking the car park which was handy, a lovely room nicely decorated, spotlessly clean, comfortable bed slept well nice and quiet room kept nice and warm breakfast very good nice choice menu evening meals we didn`t try. No evening entertainment ,as we stayed end of march all in all a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Nice quiet room at the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2012

NEVER AGAIN ! Turned up and thought by the photos on the internet it would be a lovely B&B with quietness and looked forward to having breakfast on the balcony, big mistake main road full of trucks non stop, so beware no peace in this hotel ! I asked the reception for us not to stay in this hotel due to the noise of the road, he showed me to the room we had booked and even said "we have upgraded you to the best room", it was dark, and small...but the views were stunning. I said no thanks I don't wish to count the trucks, buses etc and decided to leave. Unfortunately I still had to pay after receiving a confirmation letter of booking less than 24hours before our arrival... I do not recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family, and won't come again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank 136domi
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We recently spent a weekend away from london, First visit to The Sandgate Hotel and didn't want to leave. On arrival we were upgraded to a balcony room which was a lovely start! We were welcomed by the manageress who was exceptional from start to finish. As were the rest of the staff. We arrived starving hungry just after the kitchen had closed but this was no problem and we were allowed to chose anything from the menu. The rooms were small but gleaming and decorated nicely. We had a tasty evening meal and some great wine, the service remained flawless and the barmaid was friendly and helpful. The view from our balcony was heaven and we were lucky to have sunshine. I'm so glad we discovered the sandgate, genuinely impressed by the whole package... Fine dining, stunning views, buzzing atmosphere all made special by an experienced and dedicated team.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We first walked in and were sent to an unmade room, so we were expecting the worst. As we were loading our belongings into the wardrobe for them to complete the room, we were stopped by a lovely young lady and moved straight to a room with sea views. From that moment on the experience was delightful. The staff were amazingly pleasant, The Chefs served fantastic food, The bar staff were lovely, and the receptionist, who also doubled up and served at breakfast was very polite and competent. I found the staff all liked working there and worked as a good team, this shone through into their service and attitude. The staff all did several jobs and multi tasked fantastically. I even met the owner who was a very pleasant chap indeed, and you can see why this is a lovely place to stay as the attitude comes from the top. I would not hesitate to recommend the Sandgate Hotel and feel that after 33 years in Hospitality Im qualified to do so. Thank you to all the staff that made our stay so pleasant....

Room Tip: Book in advance.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2012

First may I say the staff were very friendly after that this hotel has nothing to recommend it and should in my opinion be avoided. The hotel web site is at best misleading and at worst dishonest. The bar, hotel reception and dining are all the same place, on arrival I could not hear the staff nor they me and had to wait at least 5 minutes before we could speak during a lull in the music. The rooms are small, the furniture grotty and the bed uncomfortable.I could go on and describe the food but suffice to say it is of the same standard as the rest of the hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple