“Great Brunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Warm, friendly, surprisingly inventive & delicious food. Staff knew their product, & although busy we were looked after swiftly & professionally.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent coffee and home-made soft drinks, and really excellent sandwiches, toasted, bagels and cakes.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I have no idea how people could give Loaf anything other than five stars! It is by far the nicest coffee around. My boyfriend and I go for lunch once a week, and we love it. We actually drive in from Dover just because we love it so much! Some of the cakes are a little pricey, but I think they're handmade and always delicious. I love the rarebit on toast. Such a lovely, cozy little coffee shop. The staff are always so friendly and lovely!

1  Thank BB93
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I like local businesses and this is a good one in Sandgate. This wasn't our first choice on the day but I'll preferred choice was closed for a refurb. I was torn between a 3* and 4* to be honest but it just about goes into the 4* category for its extensive menu and the food was nice. I thought my breakfast eggs with chorizo chili lime avocado on muffin was very nice but not worth what I paid.
It is dog friendly which I think is great considering its just off a popular path for dog walks.
Staff were friendly and pointed us to a good table to sit but took a little while to pay up before leaving though and stood there for few minutes before the bill got brought up on the till.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Loaf is a small modern cafe offering coffees and savoury breakfast and light lunches as well as home made cakes. It has a friendly ambience with a mixture of different styles if chairs and tables, quick attentive service with a smile. The feeling in Loaf is one of happiness, people chatting and laughing. Strangers actually saying hello to each other. I tried the Welsh rarebit and my husband had a tuna and Swiss cheese toasted sandwich. Both dishes were very tasty and satisfying. We washed this down with two flat whites. Delicious tasty coffee here. Definitely pay this place a visit. Well worth it.