“Lovely Food, Loud band!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Whitehart
Whitehart
Ranked #1 of 4 Wiveliscombe B&B and Inns
Leicestershire
“Lovely Food, Loud band!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

The rooms are very basic, but fine for a short stay if you're looking for a cheap place to stay. On the night we went, we arrived back after our meal to find a live (and very loud) band playing at the bar beneath the rooms! Whilst we were happy to sit and listen with a drink, when we did go upstairs the band was clearly audible (and we were 3 floors up!) and they didn't finish till 11.30pm! Staff were lovely, breakfast was excellent but perhaps steer clear at the weekends if you're looking for an early night. Also note of warning - the carpark is horrific to get into, but there is a free one just down the street which is much nicer.
Would definetely not have paid full price for this as at £75 would expect something a little nicer, but was told not to worry about getting out by 11am as our rooms weren't needed the next night which was good!

Room Tip: Higher up keeps you away from the bar noises at the weekends
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

The room was very simply decorated, all reasonably clean and good size. Our window looked at the main Wiveliscombe square, but thanks to double-glazing it was very quiet. The bathroom needs some repairs, but I liked the toiletries (orangey) provided. Overall, we enjoyed our one-night stay. We paid discounted off-season rate, so it was good value for money. But I am not sure we would be pleased if we paid the full rate of £75 for this room, as it was nothing special. And yes, as another reviewer says, the net curtains do need a wash. The best thing about the hotel was the dinner, it was very nicely cooked. The service was good. The pub and restaurant have very friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Devon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The cleanliness of the room was terrible, black patches on the ceiling in the shower and plenty around the window. Hairs on the toilet, disgusting. Skirting filthy, the cleaners need a lesson in how to clean.
On the plus side the bed was very comfortable.,
I was left covered in soap as the water suddenly ceased in the shower, not only my room i was informed, not funny.
The food was not up to much, the starter (garlic mushrooms) rock hard, awful. The chicken was nice though.
The breakfast minimal. Tough bacon, stale sausage.
This place really does need a kick up the behind.
Bar service and staff faultless.
Waiter addresses everyone as guys , and apologises all the time for not having much of anything on the menu. Another for the training school.
Our second but last visit even at 35 pounds as sadly it has really gone downhill from our last visit a few years ago.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DevonHungover
Wisbech Saint Mary, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I blame my partner he saw this great deal !!The room was a bit run down it wouldn't take much to bring it up.Mend the lamp.Replace the kettle (which was black inside urghh....Wash the net curtains.Put some nicer curtains up.
We got a very cheap deal at £35 for a double so can we complain.
Well I'd prefer to stay at home .The problem is it is a very lively pub at the weekend and people smoke out the back.Our room faced the fans from the kitchen but below was the back door where people came outside to smoke.Unfortunately the night was stayed there was a fight.Eventually when we were able to open the window (as it was really hot) in the early hours the pigeons woke us up.

The breakfast was fine but cheap beans I don't eat meat so I was given one of everything but the meat my partner asked for bacon sausages and egg and he got one of each which looked a bit mean.The coffee was good

The good things they have a great meal deal at two course for ten pounds my partner stated the steak he had with that was great

the beer was good

Room Tip: I wonder if we got the horrible room because of the cheap deal
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

Due to work commitments I find my self in the Taunton area quite often at the moment.
As my company usually book my accommadation the day before, it can be a bit of a lottery as to the standards. Well i am pleased to report, The White Hart at Wiveliscombe. offered a pleasant and relaxing stay.Set in the centre of very small town/village 10 miles from Taunton, the White Hart is within easy access of main attractions in the area.
Reasonably priced for a double en suit room, and, under 15 quid for a 10oz rump steak (august 2011), value for money in my book. The local area as a couple of friendly pubs and a variety of shops. The White hart is now on my companies booking list for our staff, I can recommend it from my own experiance and will be back, hope this helps, thanks for reading my review

Room Tip: Read Trip Advisor reviews, they are from ordenary people who have been there
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiveliscombe
14.5 km away
4.2 km away
Fitzhead Inn
Fitzhead Inn
#5 of 55 in Taunton

Been to Whitehart? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK