High Orchard B&B
Whitehart(Wiveliscombe)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We literally rang an hour outside of Taunton and asked if there was a room just for the one night. Despite this we were made to feel very welcome, the kettle was on as soon as we arrived and Margaret even apologised for not having a cake in!

The room was very clean with fantastic views, the bed a welcome comfort after a long day of travelling and being 5 months pregnant and the breakfast delicious and plantifull. Best of all Margaret was so interesting and knowledgable to talk to I could have listened to tales of the farm all day.

Just down the road is a small pub serving good food, saves you going too far if it's just a stop over you're after. However I would think this would be a lovely spot to stay for a walking holiday or a base to explore.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We were made immediately welcome on arrival and the room was clean, nicely decorated and comfortable.

The breakfast was excellent, plenty of toast and tea!

Margaret and John run a lovely B&B.

John and Susan Kelly
Devon

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have been working in the area and found High Orchard a brilliant place to stay.The rooms are spotless and spacious and Mageret and John really make you feel at home.You get to know the dogs who are really friendly the breakfast is superb with it all beeing home produced and I learnt a lot about farming,brill.I stayed with mageret and john for aprximatly ten weeks and once there didnt bother to look for anywhere else.I couldnt ask for better thanks again for a brilliant stay
David Souster
Plymouth PL21JW

Room Tip: All rooms excellent
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed here for a week for work, and couldn't have asked for more- Margaret fixed me up with a room at short notice, and she and John made me feel extremely welcome and at home. It was also lovely to have cuddles with the dogs! They juggle running a farm and a B&B, but achieve fantastic service all round. The room was top notch- amazing value for money- so clean and comfortable, and with beautiful countryside views. There was ample parking and all the necessary facilities including ensuite shower, kettle, hairdryer, etc. in the room. There was a range of breakfast and evening meal choices, and all cooked to perfection. Margaret and John went the extra mile to look after me when I caught the flu, and treated me like a member of the family. I will definitely be back, and would highly recommend to others! The village itself is very picturesque and not far from Wiveliscombe with its pubs, cafes and a few boutique shops.

Room Tip: The room with ensuite was great to have your own space. There are also single/ smaller rooms which share a bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My daughter and I were made to feel so welcome and we really enjoyed our stay in this picturesque bed and breakfast, where the room was lovely and we had an excellent breakfast throughout our stay. Would highly recommend this five star accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family