Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
All reviews rat race wonderful location amazing views warm welcome campers luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2020

We needed a break! We are Londoners we are campers and we could do none of this due to Corona virus this year - we needed to get away and what a wonderful place to do so. Polite and friendly staff. Amazing views. Cabin was superb and we even had electric!! Luxury! Loved the campfires for everyone idea. What a location though - so what we needed. Bliss! BUT I read some of the reviwes and the people were morons who had not camped! If you have not camped then get a B & B and dont learn to camp first dont slag off excellent people and an excellent place. Sadly back to the rat race - we will be back Sue! Thanks for the warm welcome

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Andy P
Reviewed 29 July 2019

Returned to Hafod Hall after three years and was really looking forward to it from previous experience. Found the cabins had been changed to pods and still situated in same place as ‘our’ cabin. Great shelter by the trees and still a beautiful view.

Clearly a lot of work has been done the garden was well maintained and was nice to be remembered after an absence! Loads of space here the pods are not in a uniform line and I didn’t even notice the other ones until I was leaving

Very quiet site despite it being busy so loads of space to eat lost in and the owners are very friendly and accommodating and will help or advise in any way needed.

We took the dog this time and had loads of space to secure him to a ground steak with a 20ft lead and he had a whale of a time too walking around the local reservoir and lakes and also the pine forest which was magical

The new pods are bigger than you imagine and comfortably fit in 3-4 people (depending if you use airbeds and how close you are) we hired two pods and slept like babies very warm and comfy and electric points for a portable heater etc if needed in colder months

The shower block was clearly new one shower and two cubicles and shower better than most b and bs: some people have commented about no shelf or mirror but I’m sure if they spoke to the owners they would happily address this inexpensive add on: and going camping I always bring my own loo roll!

We will definitely be back and won’t be leaving it so long again!

Thanks guys carry on your great site and look forward to watching it grow :-)

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Timinmerseyside
Reviewed 29 July 2019

We booked a couple of pods, which are next to each other and somewhat sheltered from the worst of the elements (it rained for 24 hours, fine rain, soaks you through...). Plenty of space for the dog to mooch about. A ring of stones for the fire suited us so once the fire and bbq were going we warmed up!! Great welcome from Sam, but other than that they leave us to it. Didn't see Sue or anyone else but who wanted to be out and about in the rain if they didn't have to be!

The pods are fine, with power for our coolbox/chargers/whatever and a heater. Bring your air bed coz otherwise its a hard floor! Only saw 1 discarded can of beer so pretty tidy.
Shower blocks had hot water and drinking water outside. Not dirty beyond that caused by people traipsing dirty in on shoes and the odd leaf, so nothing to worry about really.

It ain't the Ritz. It doesn't try to be. Its glorified camping so suck it up, light the bbq and have a beer. Chillax

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2019

Excellent location an views, friendly people, good basic camp. However staff told me only 50 acres, and its uneven limited woodland, we got lucky with pitch. Back pack only as you have to walk to pitch

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Glamper76
Reviewed 6 June 2019

Stayed for 2 nights recently, nice bloke called Sam showed me around the site, I set up my bivvy, then sat around a fire for two days playing my guitar and eating bacon like the King of the cowboys, now thats what its all about isnt it? Good hammock site too!, unfortunately the rain gods were very angry with me whilst I was there and punished me with persistent rain but it didn't stop me having a really nice couple of days in a really nice place.

Date of stay: June 2019