1,558 results
All reviews leisure facilities bit dated great value for money an overnight stay buffet style food was lovely great night clyde dj wee
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Great location easy access but the hotel is very tired and in need of a MAJOR upgrade It is shappy wear and tear clearly evident , probably one of the worst beds I have ever slept in the pillows were like thin sheets of cardboard very uncomfortable
It's a pity because one it must have been a very special hotel .
The highlight was the food.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank martptSouthAfrica
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Stayed for one night with the GB Tours coach group, on our way up to The Highlands. Food at dinner was very good. The service was ok but staff came out waved plates about without always making it clear what food they were giving and served "conference" style rather then by table. We were a group of 40 seated over 3 long tables. Breakfast was easier as it was self service buffet. The breakfast food I had was excellent.

My room was very clean on arrival and comfortable. Comfortable bed and good shower, nice bathroom. The only issue was the floor was slippery - bit of an health and safety issue here.

None of the hotel reception staff came on the coach to welcome us and give out room keys. When we went inside the hotel, none of them welcomed us then. The reception staff on the front desk did not seem very bothered about giving good helpful customer service. When I checked out the lady just took the key card from me, updated the computer and returned to whatever else she was working on. No pleasantries, no asking if everything was all right. At dinner after serving food no one went round the tables asking if everything ok.

The hotel is clean, comfortable and fine for a one or two night stay - the rooms have all that the guest needs and the food is very good. Hotel is in a brilliant location for walking along the banks of the River Clyde and nearby country park. But and this is a big downside - staff are very poor at interacting with customers - either they are not trained (even though talking to guests, checking things are all right really is basic common sense) or don't care.

I can't comment on the leisure centre and spa as I did not use it.

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking River Clyde
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank PJB291
Reviewed 6 June 2018

The room was terrible. The window only cracked about three inches. On any other day, this might not have been an issue, but the week I was there was exceptionally hot (78 degrees F) which made a room without air conditioning very warm. Since we could not open the window....it was like being stuffed in a box. We asked for a fan at the desk three times without word or results. Finally, at 10 pm, my husband went down to the desk to ask that they do something or we were going out to the car to sleep. Other people had their window open (you could see if from the outside), but ours had a child-proof metal guide that blocked it. The wallpaper was peeling all over and the carpet had holes. I would not recommend or stay here again.

Room tip: Make sure that you KNOW which room is yours...
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Start_Here_Travel
Reviewed 6 June 2018

We booked here for 3 nights and left after 1. It was during a heat wave and the room we were assigned was very HOT. We could not open the window, though we could see that other rooms had open windows. The front desk was not very sympathetic. We spent a very stuffy night sleeping on top of the duvet and moved out to another hotel as soon as we could. Why not have fans available? Also, some things did not work properly; for instance: only the UP button for the elevator worked on our floor. We could not call for an elevator going DOWN. The place just felt depressing with dark corridors and thick walls. Also, I find it really annoying that nonsmokers have to run the gauntlet of smokers standing outside the front entrance. Smoking areas should be far-removed from areas used by nonsmokers.

On the plus side, the grounds have access to very nice walking trails around the Clyde River area. We enjoyed a nice evening walk. The art on the walls is interesting. Our floor had a collection of photographs, mostly B&W that I found interesting. The breakfast was acceptable.

Room tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mmkimberly
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

From the outside it doesn’t look great but inside it is perfectly fine. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Our room was cleaned daily and we were given clean towels and they topped up the shower supplies and tea and coffee supplies daily. My friends used the pool and spa facilities (sadly I was too poorly). We had breakfast and evening meal a couple of times and the food was really nice.
If you want a 5* luxury hotel in the city centre then this isn’t for you. However if you want a very reasonable hotel close to the airport and near to Loch Lomond then this is perfect. There are buses into Glasgow and to the airport however we got an Uber/taxi as it was more convenient.

Trip type: Travelled with friends