“Quick visit, but worth it for the view.”

Glen Roy National Nature Reserve
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Roybridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Antiguo valle glacial, en Escocia, famoso por sus "paralel roads", marcas del hielo en la roca de distintas épocas glaciares
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

On a family holiday in the area and was drawn to this reserve by the B&B we were staying at. The weather was lovely and decided to drive up the one track road. After twists and turns we found the outlook. A small information plaque informed us of the area. Worth the trip just for the views, but watch out for the slow tractors.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We stayed one night locally at the Stronlossie inn and the staff gave me directions for a walk when we arrived. I went about 1 3/4 miles but then had to return for dinner. Next morning we took the car up to see the ice age parallel lines in this glen, Approx 3 MLS. When I was walking there were several cuckoos calling and many other birds. The road is single width with passing places but being early when we went up next day we only passed one car. The great thing was half way up an eagle flew really near us but by the time I'd grabbed the camera a murder of crows had attacked it and sent it back up the mountain where we watched it for some time. The weather changed so no real chance to investigate the parallel lines further, but good advise notices are displayed. We did see them clearly in the distance, maybe next time.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Beautiful part of the country. Lots of wildlife. Many viewpoints. Perfect for anyone taking a stroll on a fine day. We were in the rain and was even better in my opinion. Love these places in Scotland

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Great views from the car park a few miles up the glen (on left). Information available from Lochaber Geopark Association at the Darwin's Rest in Roy Bridge or on the Scotland's National Nature Reserve website.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

I love nature mountain Gulley scene... You can try a big loud shout and the echo is beautiful.

In summer time, Glen Roy is beautiful clear and green.

I bet winter time, it's different view for sure!

It's easy to recognize Glen Roy location, there's a big space for car parking and guidelines board! You will pass few village houses before reach Glen Roy!

I love this place very much!