“Winning”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely gorgeous food, looked how it tasted, we had 3 courses each as good as the last, exceptional Beef Wellington and surf n turf, the tables were spaced out nicely, room large and lovely views, staff warm and friendly, faultless. A must visit for foodies.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (950)

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

Nine of us went for lunch. We had a warm welcome before drinks in the bar.
We ordered at the table but it wasn't long before the starters arrived.
All the mains arrived together, the food was hot and delicious, the wine was good and the service was excellent.
The bill was around £500 for 9 which included several bottles of wine, drinks in the bar and most of us had 2 courses.
Will definitely return.

Date of visit: August 2021
Fishermans R, Owner at The Fisherman's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello Mike B, thank you for taking the time to post this amazing review of your recent visit. I have passed on you kind words to the whole team and we are all looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

Finally managed to book a table . Book well in advance as gets booked quickly and I can see why. Simply great location. Accommodating pleasant staff and the best Sunday Roast dinner ever ! The beef was amazing. Simply melted in my mouth . Proper Yorkshire Pudding cooked to perfection and mash . Not a Roast dinner without mash served with lashings of gravy. We have visited the Fishermans several times and it never fails to deliver fabulous food . My top tip just get booked in you will not be disappointed.

Hello Traveler 67743285190

We were all delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit for Sunday lunch, as you have mentioned booking is recommended especially on a Sunday as our Roast Topside of Beef is extremally popular. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

The Fisherman’s Retreat is outstanding. The service and food were without fault. My Beef Wellington was perfect and full of flavor. I washed it down with a pint of Timothy Taylor’s Bolt maker (Bitter ale). Alas I had no room for dessert, even though the selection was über mouth watering. I thoroughly recommend this fine dining experience, whether for family, business or that special romantic dinner. The surrounding areas of free the most stunning and breathtaking views. I couldn’t finish this review without mentioning the staggering selection in f Single Malfunction Scotch Whiskies. I have never seen so many different Malts under one roof before. I chose a Dalmore 18, a truly superb malt, and it was served in a Glencairn nosing glass! They even have their own limited edition bottling from famous distilleries. Bruichladdich (from the Isle of Islay) being the current choice). 10/10 A1+ Highly recommended!

1  Thank GeeKayEmm

Hello GeeKayEmm, Wow what a wonderful review. We all here at The Fisherman's were delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit. Our Beef Wellington is one of the most popular dishes on the menu and one of my personal favourites as well. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 August 2021

Outstanding!
This is a fantastic restaurant, stunning location; just fabulous!
From the minute we walked in, we were taken care of, then the food happened... nothing short of Perfect!
We will be returning.
Thank you!

Date of visit: July 2021

Hello Christine, thank you for your kind words. The whole team were thrilled when I passed on your wonderful review thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit.