All reviews wedding venue birthday party wedding breakfast no fuss kent countryside next morning three course meal wedding guests last weekend overnight stay biscuits excellent value for money evening meal cooked breakfast family and friends dj ceremony
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Personally, I can’t fault the rooms or the reception staff.
However a colleague and I have stayed here frequently for the last 6-8 months, at a rough guess maybe thirty or forty nights in total. As I said, the rooms and reception staff are always pleasant and welcoming.
However, the bar and restaurant quality seems to have disappeared, not just dropped but completely removed themselves from the service we have come to know and love.
The draught ale which is usually served without cause or concern had a distinct taste and smell of line cleaner. A small inconvenience but after trying two separate pumps caused me to switch to bottles, somewhat more expensive although I am yet to be told if I will be charged the difference.
The food has always been exceptional, we have never found a fault with anything we have ordered; and having survived 6 years in the trade myself I like to consider myself qualified to comment on such excellencies. Yet our meal tonight appeared sub par. Whilst it is nice to find the soup of the day has changed from the previous 6 visits of tomato and basil, the pea crème that came out as blended boiled garden peas with some cream mixed in did not meet expectations. My colleagues tiger prawn starter consisting of four king prawns and one tiger prawn didn’t seem to reflect the menu either, although he did say they were delicious I feel a full ensemble of tiger prawns would not have hurt.
I ordered the belly pork main with black pudding, greens, and potato rosti which would have been delicious had the greens not be over boiled green beans and the rosti distinctly frozen tasting, along with a somewhat flavourless black pudding.
I’d love to give this hotel a better rating but simply cannot bring myself to do that with the dining facilities having changed so much and sadly not for the better.
4 stars for the hotel and nothing for the dining, I feel a two star rating is fair at present.
I do hope this review doesn’t affect the rest of our stay this week though I’m sure some staff will be able to work out who has written it.
Regards, 205.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this through Wowcher.. £109 for an overnight stay, 3 course meal and breakfast.. Our room ( number 208) was lovely! Very spacious and comfortable. Yes, it’s a little dated but very clean. We went out earlier ( on the lash) and so couldn’t face the meal in the restaurant so we requested room service. The food was amazing! From the time we ordered via the room phone, it was delivered in 20 mins and was fresh, hot and tasty! The staff here are so lovely. Nothing is too much trouble. Yes, I agree with other reviewers that this place needs tweaking but its the management that’s at fault, not the staff. They go above and beyond their duty!

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Food was awful and very late.The staff were trying but had no idea what they were supposed to be doing.The only saving grace was the coffee.and the chef? couldn't wreck the ice cream.
Only had lunch in a group of 50 plus so cannot comment on the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank coopersmotorcompany
RebeccaP3373, Operations Manager at Hadlow Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

On behalf of the whole team at Hadlow Manor I would like to express how sorry we are for the service you received on Sunday 7th October 2018.

We pride ourselves on the standard of service we deliver, however this was certainly not the case for your Event.
Our Head Chef called in ill and the Agency Chef booked did not turn up resulting in poor food and service being slow.

The Events Department are talking with the organisers so that we can come to a satisfactory resolution for all members involved.

Once again please except our sincere apologies.

Kind regards
Rebecca Peek
Operations Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

My friend had booked room 303, 18 months before, it’s a large family room, so it could accommodate the Bride & her 4 bridesmaids. On the DAY of arrival, they received a missed call from the Hotel. Once at the desk & checked in nothing was mentioned. They were seen to their room, which was NOT room 303, the reception had no idea about anything & showed no personal skills in dealing with the matter. We were first told that the room (303) was not available as it was being renovated...?! We asked to see the manager, who we could see hovering in the back office, having listened to my friends complaint.. He also had NO PERSONAL skills in dealing with the problem, nor did he show any concerns that the room had been booked & special requested 18 months previous.... we needed the problem rectifying... he shrugged his shoulders & said what do you want me to do...?! Totally unprofessional!!!

I suggested that maybe they could use the conference room, as there were makeup & hair girls coming to get the wedding party ready for what should be a memorable day!! Shame the memories are tainted by their inadequate way they dealt with it...

I also suggested that as they had let them down massively !!! He could perhaps provide some sort of breakfast for the girls... reluctantly he did... but in my personal opinion was not even close to making things right...

Would only recommend people not to book at this Hotel, until they train their staff in how to make customers happy!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank CherylJ602
Sam T, Manager at Hadlow Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Cheryl,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry that room 303 was not available for your friend to get ready in for her wedding day this was down to an unforeseen problem with the room.

As the Hotel manager I was on hand to resolve this situation by offering the conference room and adding hot and cold drinks as a way of apologising as explained on the day.

We have since been in conversation with your friend and her mother who although still a little upset were most understanding and I know your friend had the most wonderful day.

Kind regards,

Sam Tunaj
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Only good thing about our stay was the bed. Walls & windows paper thin. Didn't sleep, noise from busy Main road, wedding reception disc below us, man next door snoring & people outside smoking!
Breakfast was poor too as well as the shower! Thanks but no thanks!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shortme
RebeccaP3373, Operations Manger at Hadlow Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you were disturbed by noise. We do have rooms that are away from the main road and function rooms and they can be requested while booking.

I am again sorry that you thought Breakfast was poor and hope you let the manager on Duty know as we can then make the relevant changes. As for the shower maintenance are working there way through the Hotel to improve the water pressure this unfortunately does take time.

I do hope that we will see you again at the Hotel in the future.

Thank you once again.