“Ok rooms, horrible food ”

The Fairway, Barnsley
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Dodworth
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Visited here twice for food and on both occasions the food was poor, everything either microwaved or fried. Very expensive if not on the 2 for 1 deal. Had tuna that was barely edible, vegetables over cooked and beige. I would not recommend eating here!

The hotel rooms are fine, you get what you pay for! Comfy beds, lovely shower and a nice size. Was a bit noisy and as there was no phone in the room I couldn't call reception to complain at 3am! No hairdryer in the room either.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Check in was easy but they gave us no information about breakfast or anything! The room was average but the water in the bathroom was dangerously hot. The bed and pillows were soft and uncomfortable. The lighting was poor in relation to the mirrors making getting ready a bit difficult. Breakfast was missed due to not being told the hours so we ordered from the restaurant menu and the sausage sandwiches were poor - the meat was poor quality, the bread was dry (one slice was toasted and one wasn't), no butter and no choice of brown or white bread.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times.. foods always been good . Service always good too. Food takes about the right amount of time to arrive and tastes good. Never had cause for complaint.. the 241 isn't the easiest to understand though

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Shocking !!!!!!!
dirty carpets
Smelly terrible smell n entrance corridors and bar
Under staffed
Cold room
Shocking food
Terrible the tables in bar were dirty
We arrived at 5.30 to attend a friends invite to the miss West Yorkshire show
Having checked in I asked receptionist what time it was due to start
She told me 7 pm for 7.30 I replied saying I thought it was 6.30 her reply was yes so did someone else
Our friends arrived who then Informed us it was 6.30 start to which we had to each to get ready
The event was in a banquet building across the car park
Well all I can say is what a disaster
The show was fine but the food and service was truly diabolical
Mushroom soup to start which had been watered down to a point of having no taste
Boiled chicken boiled sprouts boiled carrots boiled cauliflower and a roast /fried potato
I'm sorry but I have never been served food like this and could not eat it
I waited for dessert which didn't arrive when I asked I was told you have tea or coffee for dessert !!!
At £50 per head that us discussing and I'm sure I'm not the only one to complain
Nf

Room Tip: My advice is to not go
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Stayed at The Fairway middle of October. . Our rooms were quite big very clean . Receptionists were very friendly . Did not eat in restaurant. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel . Will book again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodworth
1.2 km away
6.2 km away
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley

Been to The Fairway, Barnsley? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about The Fairway, Barnsley

Address: Elmhirst Lane, Dodworth, Barnsley S75 4LS, England (Formerly New Country Inns - Barnsley & The Bluebell Inn )
Region: United Kingdom > England > Yorkshire > South Yorkshire > Barnsley > Dodworth
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Dodworth
Price Range: ₹ 2,917 - ₹ 4,242 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — The Fairway, Barnsley 3*
A modern friendly 39 bedroomed hotel, located within 1 mile of Junction 37 of the M1. Our friendly hotel also has a bar and restaurant and meeting/banqueting facilities. At The Fairway, you will be welcomed by our team of staff who will look after you throughout your stay. We cater for everyone staying at our hotel from the discerning business traveller to a family of 4. Ample free car parking is available to all hotel guests. We have meeting & banqueting facilities and can cater for up to 250 delegates or wedding guests all in 1 room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your The Fairway, Barnsley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
New Country Inns - Barnsley & The Bluebell Hotel Barnsley