All reviews next door health club spa facilities relaxing break excellent facilities executive room breakfast was excellent lovely hotel barnsley chop hotel guests wedding reception wedding party reception staff would stay again duty manager excellent value for money comfy bed
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Dirty shower head and possible health risk. Reported to Hotel and told action would be taken.

Restaurant very disappointing. Piri Piri Chicken lacked any Piri Piri seasoning. For a sauce made essentially from chillies, garlic, paprika and tarragon, it was bland. The King Prawn Curry arrived as a bowl of soup, lack of spices and heat... and stay away from the steaks on offer. The "cook" on charge on Sunday did not know the difference between rare and medium/well done. He/she does not allow the steak to rest after cooking and serves the dish with the steak sitting in a pool of blood.

I just want what is promised. A clean room and good food cooked as ordered. Surely that can not be too difficult in this day and age.

Room tip: If a function is going on and ask for a room at the rear if there is. Rooms over the main entrance become very noisy as party goers leave
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barnsley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Hello artangelDevon,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Barnsley for your lodging needs and for leaving us feedback.

It's quite frustrating to learn that we did not live up to your expectations because of the condition of our shower and the quality of the food that we served. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and I appreciate your feedback. Clearly, your stay was not what you expected. Your comments are specifically addressed to our maintenance and dining teams for immediate action.

On the upside, it's good that you were impressed with the service of our staff. I've shared your compliments with the team and have been acknowledged by the hotel management.

Your feedback will definitely help us towards bettering our services. We hope to host you again soon.

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel and staff were fine. Until we returned to our room at 23:00 Friday night. There was a party in a function room below us and the music was very loud. When I finally got through to room service (as reception didn’t answer) I was told “oh yeah it will stop at 01:00”. Nothing else offered, would have been nice to have been asked if we wished to move rooms.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barnsley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Hi INWood1967,

Thank you for taking the time in posting a review about our property on TripAdvisor. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and I am sorry for the letdown.

I regret the inconvenience the noise may have caused. I am also sorry for not meeting your expectations when it comes to customer service delivered. I have documented your comments. These will be reviewed by our management team and actions shall be taken to address these accordingly. Your feedback is important as this will help us to continuously improve our service awareness skills.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

A very nice holiday inn, good service throughout the stay, reception were very attentive. Room was of a good size, and breakfast is as you would expect from this type of holiday inn. A twenty five minute walk into Barnsley town centre, and just off the M1.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mattzzzz76
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Reception: check in was easy and pleasant, reception area was huge, bigger than I was expecting.
Hallway to room smelt lovely, very clean well carpeted.
Room: Bigger and better than I was expecting, very well furnished, the bed was very comfortable and the temperature in the room was spot on.
Bathroom: Very nice, clean and everything in working order, shower adequate.
Breakfast: Very good, lots of choice, cooked breakfast was self service and could have been a bit hotter for me personally but my mum really enjoyed it.
Overall: very nice stay, nothing to complain about.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2018

£15 for a two course meal with coffee and mints plus disco what more could you want . This is a fantastic night we had a marvellous time . Excellent value for money . Highly recommend this in fact so good we have booked the 90s / 00s while we were there .

• Trip type: Travelled with friends