US$ 76
US$ 106
US$ 70
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshealth clubnext doorfree accessexecutive roomspa facilitiessandwichesnext morninglovely hotelbreakfast was excellenthotel guestswedding receptionbarnsley chopsized roomreception staffwedding partywould stay againbar area
Reviewed 30 October 2017

The replies to the reviews tell it all. They copy and paste some indifferent “have a nice day” banalities to the really bad reviews. The rooms are noisy and run down. The bathrooms need to be cleaned properly.the food is terrible. Staff are there for their own benefit not yours. Errors in booking, breakfast, food, room type etc.
The location seems to be part trade park, part gym car park and part slum housing estate.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barnsley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hi Tripadviser99999,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a candid review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is disheartening to know that your experience was not as pleasant as it should have been. I am sorry for not meeting your expectations when it comes to the customer service delivered, room accommodations provided, and the cleanliness level of the property. I would like to look into this further, thus, I have sent you a private message to get additional information about your stay.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days. My husband is a platinum member which means he’s entitled to an upgrade. No availability. Room ok but I did have to report a dirty shower curtain. It had crusted shower gel on the inside. There was a blemish on the bathroom mirror and a chip out of the enamel on the bath.
Rather than paying for the really expensive breakfast, we went the the Toby Carvery 2 mins down the road and got an ‘all you can eat breakfast’ for £4.29.
Did have noisy people staying near us. They decided to have a Skype call in the middle of the night. Plus the person above us must have been wearing hobnail boots on the noise they was making walking across the room!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We attended a buffet type reception in a downstairs suite Lovely dance floor with stage and lighting in floor . Toilets in arrival had not been serviced after an earlier reception and bins were overflowing no soap in dispensers dryers not working Nit a good start No one was on duty to give us our first free drink to toast the couple so we had to take one ourselves not knowing what it was in some glasses The buffet was served at 8 and this was delicious Bar prices expensive glass of wine large was £6 ! Service in my opinion was poor .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barnsley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hi Yummygrandma10,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our goal is to ensure that each guest experience is an excellent one. I'm sorry to learn you did not fully enjoy your overall experience with us. Your feedback will be shared with our management teams so we may work towards improving the areas that you have noted.

Again, many thanks for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Connie D

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel needs attention as it's looking tired
Woken up at 2:00 by some inconsiderate guest next door having to on full blast. Reception though did phone to get them to turn it down.
Bar was a little taken aback when I asked for a bottle on wine instead of a glass, the staff needs training
Room though was clean

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barnsley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Hello LesH2905,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered with our staff service and hotel upkeep. I appreciate the feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Where to start! After arriving Thursday we were greeted and had quite high hopes. As a platinum member we were given an executive room and told our room was in a very quiet part of the hotel( oh how I now laugh!) along with one drink voucher for two people... nice touch ..we’ll share!!
Saturday night .. wedding party but to be fair where our room was .. not too noisy !!!
The early hours of Sunday morning 1.30 am the fire alarm sounds so we along with the rest of the guests made our way outside along side two fire engines. Having been told thankfully it’s a false alarm no one could turn it off waited a while and let back in. The alarm went off again at 8 am but was turned off before we had to exit the building. No sleep in then we’ll just head to the crowded breakfast area with the rest of the hotel guests who had been woken up.
Feeling tired we went about our Sunday returning to the hotel to go to bed early in order to catch up on sleep and get a plane in the morning.
Oh joy of joy... our platinum quiet room is above the disco going on fantastic!!! Can’t sleep.. too noisy... can watch tv... too noisy... can’t read ...yup... you’re getting the hang of this ... too noisy.So having rung to reception I asked if any other surprises were in store so I could prepare myself I was assured the music would stop at midnight.
My heart went out to the poor sods who booked a room that wasn’t in the “quiet” part of the hotel! This event was pre booked so surly you could tell your guests you’re going to be up half the night!
No sound proofing but it’s nice to listen to next door having a chat . Don’t know how many people are in there but the party goes on... I’m sure we’ll have bonded through the wall soon!!!
Moving on to the rooms if you get a double make sure you really like the person you’re sharing with as you will roll together towards the middle of the bed as soon as you’re aboard!
The rooms were clean but the bathroom smelt very fusty .
So having listen to ABBA simply red and many more lullaby tunes I’m going to try and sleep for the few hours before I have to get up and catch a plane.
To the manager who is about to give me a bog standard robot reply of I’m sorry your stay didn’t live up to your expectations etc etc...( see other identical replies) take a moment and be creative. With thanks for a butlins experience, an extremely tired platinum member.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Emma R
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barnsley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Hi Emma R,

Thank your review and for staying with us. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I apologize for the noise challenges you had to endure during your stay. I would like to address this with you further and have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D